·
Banned
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi who runs a 20" wheel

does anyone run bigger

anybody got experience running 20`s and any probs to look out for

can you run 20`s and still be low?

anybody know what it takes to squeeze a set of 22`s on.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Re; 22"
I tried 22"s on my T5 for a while, bloody horrible.......:eek: tramlines, torque steer, any thing more than a cats eye was teeth shattering:D on 20"s now with 35profile tyres... just right, more grip better handling & only slighty harsher than me standard wheels (17") that two extra nches seems to make a massive difference................ been told that a few times nowI:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Re; 22"
I tried 22"s on my T5 for a while, bloody horrible.......:eek: tramlines, torque steer, any thing more than a cats eye was teeth shattering:D on 20"s now with 35profile tyres... just right, more grip better handling & only slighty harsher than me standard wheels (17") that two extra nches seems to make a massive difference................ been told that a few times nowI:
think he is talking about t4's mate.:ILU:

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes t4

what my prob is is that i cant stop looking at wheels.

i am more than happy with my wheels

but

just cant stop looking

ive seen a set of merc 20`s
and also a set of merc 22`s

now i know i might struggle without modifying something to get the 22`s on
have seen a t4 on here from the US with some 22`s on
anybody got a link or know where this pic is??

20`s with the right tyre should go straight on
down want to run them though if it has to be jacked up in the air like a monster truck

anybody got pics of 20`s at all??

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
T4Tidy on here ran 20's (ascari cuervo's). Black & Orange van, do a search for him there is pics on here somewhere. Maybe pm him to ask what probs he came up againstT:

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Im on 20's and apart from the seriously harsh ride i have no issues at all and im on a 60mm drop. looks lush too.T:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I reckon I was one of the 1st if not the 1st in the UK to run 20s (daily) on a T4,

Was 'interesting' to say the least, but very usable. The main prob I had years ago was the price of tyres.(£225 each!!)

But now 20" tyres can be found for £85 brand new.

GO for it, ya know it looks right, Im currently running 20s on my passat (daily driver)

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I reckon I was one of the 1st if not the 1st in the UK to run 20s (daily) on a T4,

Was 'interesting' to say the least, but very usable. The main prob I had years ago was the price of tyres.(£225 each!!)

GO for it, ya know it looks right, Im currently running 20s on my passat (daily driver)
are you still running 20`s?

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
passat is very nice

we have a growing family and have a golf mk4

this is what id like to get

missus woulf rather have a renault megane scenic
pile of :*

that passat is 10 out of 10 for a daily

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw some dude running 20" on his T20 in Bude, boy do they fill the arches, looked a little too big for the truck in my opinion!?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The passat is a chipped 1.8T, and is the most usable car Ive owned since my ex-AA t4.
Gets all the **** in the boot, and still plenty of room for the kids (in the boot I: )

·
Registered
3,425 Posts

dude where do you see 20" tyres for £85. do tell. i thought i did well at £220 a pair. :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts