VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking at this on piston heads vw caravelle ref2508955 does anyone no it i think its a scam the fellas in hospital is going to donate half the proceeds to charity wants paying via a trans internatinal company for safety reasons its starting to smell of a scam:eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had two a similar situations like this from ads on gumtree.
A chap was a marine engineer at sea and was selling it as a quick sale/knock down price. (Two different vehicles and two different sellers).
He Wanted paying via Pay Pal and would have someone deliver the vans once funds received. If I was unhappy 14 day refund option.
However he would not let me travel to see he van/s before funds transfered.
Very dodgy and stayed well clear.:eek:

·
Registered
270 Posts
beachbeat. had same prob nearly yr ago with a blue bay before i got my t4. bloke was working away on oil rig and said i could pay via electronic transfer via e bay. sent all paper work via e mail , and looked so real . again said would del when funds clear . was a bargain , and yes to good to be true. sent money . and asked bloke when he would del . then found out it was a scam . he kept saying that he had not received the money and could i send again . by this time i found out he had beed banned from ebay . the money had left my account and floating around trying to go into his bank . reason it hadnt is because he gave me wrong bank details and went back in my account . this why he kept saying he had not got the money and wanted my to send it again . hard lesson to me and all out there . if too good to be true dont do it . again he had no phone and i could not view it. my fault i know , but so lucky . nearly lost 3k . i put a big thread on it on vzi last yr . beware

·
Premium Member
4,760 Posts
Hi just had the same but with a audi a4 con i was getting for the wife,, , i contacted a few from pistonheads, then recived a email from a lady in ireland say she wanted a quick sale as she was behind in her morgage said to use paypal then i would have 7 days to try it out and could stop the payment if any thing was wrong with the car,she said would get it delivered for me from ireland at no extra cost sumthing funny here,, ask her for her address post code . Ect yep,, you are right,,she sent them but when i checked them out two seperate places in ireland. Tel, pay as u go,, left her a message saying i was contacting
the bill no more emails ect ,,beware scum ,scum, need there hands cutting off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts