VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Was there too! Camped over near Gazhow. Thought it was good :)... was bigger than I expected.

Shame the sound system wasn't the best!

Almost watched a disaster unfold tho! Some bloke decided to light one of those (Chinese?) lanterns and when he let it go, it didn't get far and part of it came down on the front of his T25 hardtop. I thought it would die out, but it continued to burn :eek: ...was just getting out of my chair to head for the fire extinguisher, when he climbed up and batted it off.......almost onto next doors awning :eek::eek: ....and was then seen furiously stamping it out. Could have been very serious, and no fire brigade for miles around!

Lesson to learn, don't play with flames near your pride and joy! :no

Morning light revealed a scorch mark on his hardtop! Better than no van, or worse!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I found loads of T4's and T5's, the only problem was they where all mixed in with the other vans rather that in one big group. Saw another couple of vans from the forum who where also at Van Jamboree a few weeks back. Show and Shine a bit disapointing given the number of vans there. There was only one T4 and no T5's entered. I thought it was a great show, very relaxed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We went and had a great time, met nobody, talked to loads of people and saw the lantern on fire go up to the sky, we thought it look cool, did not realise it was a mistake.

I arrived before the everyone and had the field to myself and chilled, and was sooooooooooooooo chilled by the time i left the field was empty again and everyone had split, i have prebooked for the next 10 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts