VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have acquired a set of oem 15 inch steels.

Ive done a google search and searched on here.. checked for the recommended guys from here but they all seem to be out of buisness or non responsive.

Can someone who has RECENTLY got theres done enlighten me as to who to speak to..?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of interest whats the range on banded steels? Is it like 1 inch 2 inch 3 inch and so on?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As in the tyres on the steels at current are 195. If I put a 2 inch (5cm) band on then can I fit 235's 245's or what?

Am I off the mark totally?

Very confused guy here.

Whats all this 8j and 8.5j ect ect? The steels I have say 6j. Whats j a measurement of? Jentimeters? Jinches? Jards?

Is there a link somewhere that explains the jargon? Maybe thats what j stands for? LOL:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I tried Si, although very helpful it appears he'd prefer to see the job through from start to finish from sourcing wheels to mounting the rubber.. My problem is I couldn't afford to get the process done in one go.. I've done the first step and bought new steels, next step will be banding and after that will be the paint/powder coat and finally tyres...as with everything van related it's a drip feed process for me.... Not being rich sucks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the same boat totally.

I mean a set of ( I dont know what size yet ) tyres are 80-100+ each. Decent make anyway.

This is like a total spin off thing that I didnt plan on doing just yet because my alloy cracked and the whole load rating dilemma.

If only I was rich.. id have a fleet

·
Registered
455 Posts
So as far as I can make out the J mean inches between the rims, I've gone for a 7 up front and an 8 in the rear. I', running 205/75/15 in the front and 225/75/15's out back. The rears are quite a tall combo measuring 27 inches, but that's the look I'm going for and I'm also lowering 2 inches too.
I've been collecting parts for ages now, got the steels for £20 off ebay nearly a year ago, I'm thinking of using the standard set the van is currently sitting on for the winter.
Maybe once you decide on the look you're going for the rest should fall into place.T: Have a look at the banded steel threads that are running as the guys there have said what tyre sizes they are using.
Hope that helps a bit.:)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok cool, kinda makes sense.

Is the minimum profile for 15 inchers 70? When does it start effecting the aspect ratio?

I like the sound of 7.5 front and 8.5 rear.

Any reason people go for wider steels at the back? Id do it purely for look. But is it for loading?

How do you find members easily on here? Without trawiling through the member list?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Intrested in this my self mate think there's a company called ac fabrications that keeps coming up as for width size ? I have read posts but it hurts my head lol ...post up of you find out the best size I want to keep load rated tyres so not sure if they stop at a certain size

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive tried contacting ac was a non responder... :-/

Same with a few of the well spoken about dudes on here..

Maybe there all super busy :blg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts