VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HONESTLY...
Who would stop if you hit someones wingmirror off?
Cos some C:* has broken the casing on mine today while it was parked outside the Mrs work...i just had to go pick up the bits! It has been hit HARD and it was on a no through road so the person responsible MUST have known. now i have to fund a new shell and get it sprayed! :blg:bhd

Sorry...Rant over!:(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oooo...Forgot to add that 2 weeks(ish) ago Mrs clipped someone elses mirror and whilst it broke our glass she did stop and check the other vehicle was not damaged!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bummer.
I'd stop especially if it was a T4. I've seen people reverse into doors of new cars and drive on. They are the lowest of the low :*:*:*

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I have done it once, and stopped and left a note (but never heard anything back?)

I can get you a Euro mirror (so both sides match) if you like ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nealglover;393662 I can get you a Euro mirror (so both sides match) if you like ?[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for the offer but it's drivers side that is broken anyway. Gotta put up with the broken shell for a while...TRYING to save for a wedding!:eek:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
euro mirrors can also be purchased from t4rus

and it had to of been a 4x4 or another van to hit it as wuite high

and to the answer nope never clipped a mirrior but if did would probaly just catrry on LOL:depending on situation LOL:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a green paint mark on the back of the mirror from the impact, guess it was prolly a delivery van...

·
Registered
652 Posts
It is actually failure to stop at a traffic accident... ! I've known people to get a visit from the old bill after the same thing... althought both cars were moving

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would'nt stop and I'll tell you why, only had my T4 two weeks when some t-at reversed out of a space parked next to me in Tesco car park denting the drivers door and middle panel. They must have known they hit the van but drove off, i could have cried. So I would never stop and once it's happened to you, will you stop if you happen to hit some one?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I would'nt stop and I'll tell you why, only had my T4 two weeks when some t-at reversed out of a space parked next to me in Tesco car park denting the drivers door and middle panel. They must have known they hit the van but drove off, i could have cried. So I would never stop and once it's happened to you, will you stop if you happen to hit some one?
I like your user name...

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
So you got bumped by some scrote who didn't own up. That immediatly
turns you into someone who would do the same ?

Doesn't look good for society if being dishonest is that contagious ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shunter....when i was 19 i had a highly modded Golf GTI that was my pride and joy. Someone did the same thing...reversed out of the pub carpark and stuffed the side in...and left!
I still stop!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Have to admit I would stop, my damn conscious would niggle away at me if I didn't. I reversed into a park car whilst heading out from home the other day, I did no damage & I can make all the excuses I like but it was my fault. I left a note & the guy came to speak to me later & said thanks but all was ok. T:

Just remember karma will come back & bite you in the ass! :D

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I have stopped in the past, luckily i havent had to recently :D

Had my wing mirror totalled a while back, was a bus, i :* hate busses!!!:mad: Problem is the dam mirrors are so big!! Have seen these euro ones you can get but unsure how good the vision would then be.
Atb T:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Gotta put up with the broken shell for a while...TRYING to save for a wedding!:eek:[/QUOTE]

morning bud,
im sure i have got a drivers side standard you can have it for free.
will dig it out later.

Jon

·
Registered
898 Posts
I was sat in Tesco's car park last Friday eating some grub between jobs and watched some T:*at in a tran**** hit 2 parked cars badly and he started to drive off:eek:.
Got out my car and followed him,took his reg.He saw me and came back to the scene:).

Gave his reg to the store and left my number.He stuck his details on the screen and left.Store phoned old bill.

Now to all you people who would'nt stop,you shower of c:*ts,hope i see you and i'd shop ya T4 or not:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts