VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
In warmer times it's midweek(or was)
Have any of you looked at faceache(i'm not on there)Could well be some thing on there:*
Just had a quick nose at Sonia's profile-not been on since 11-12-14.Make of that what you will.
Yeah, when I was RC the summer meets were weekday evenings and winters were Sunday's 12pm (I kickstarted the Essex region many moons back) They seemed to work well.

The meets have moved permenantly to Sunday's at 3pm, and like my dear friend Gary, is a bit too late in the day for me- plus I have other things to do at weekends especially during the warmer months I:

I believe Sonia was asking people's opinion of meeting days regarding summer and winter, all be it on farce book so it could revert back to the original format yet. X

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I don't get back early enough at the mo but thanks for the heads up.
Time and place might help those wanting to pop along T:

·
Registered
105 Posts
As I'm obviously doing such a bad job perhaps you'd like to take over burridge01? I'm more than happy to step down and let you carry on, just let me know when you'd like to do it from. I only took over to help out as Kate felt she could no longer cope with it - SO I'm really glad I helped now...NOT

I haven't been on here since December as we didn't have a meet in January - but since them and since our Christmas meal, the February meets (2 now) and the March meets have been posted on here - the general consensus of the group is that FB is a an easier tool to reach everyone on so that's generally what I use. However all meets & club camping for shows etc. is also all posted on here. Unlike previously when the meets changed between summer and winter (and most of the group have said they found this confusing) I have set up an evening meet (last Thursday of the month ) and a Sunday afternoon meet (2nd Sunday of the month) this way most peoples timetables are suited in some way...however there seems to only be a core group who attend and the days & times are arranged on their feedback , the meets aren't set up to just suit me...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
As I'm obviously doing such a bad job perhaps you'd like to take over burridge01? I'm more than happy to step down and let you carry on, just let me know when you'd like to do it from. I only took over to help out as Kate felt she could no longer cope with it - SO I'm really glad I helped now...NOT

I haven't been on here since December as we didn't have a meet in January - but since them and since our Christmas meal, the February meets (2 now) and the March meets have been posted on here - the general consensus of the group is that FB is a an easier tool to reach everyone on so that's generally what I use. However all meets & club camping for shows etc. is also all posted on here. Unlike previously when the meets changed between summer and winter (and most of the group have said they found this confusing) I have set up an evening meet (last Thursday of the month ) and a Sunday afternoon meet (2nd Sunday of the month) this way most peoples timetables are suited in some way...however there seems to only be a core group who attend and the days & times are arranged on their feedback , the meets aren't set up to just suit me...
MMMM...........At what point have I knocked what YOU are doing.I have pointed people to faceache were you post:*
People asked a question and I replied,you've not been on since early december to inform people of meets/non meets.If like me people don't use faceache then what do we do.Sorry if you feel like i'm knocking you but there it is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've read through this post and another one...all knocking me, whichever way you read it...I was on in December to inform everyone of the Christmas meal and the first February meet was also posted on here (where over 20 vans turned up). There wasn't a meet in January so there was nothing to post. The March meets have both already been added...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Sorry you feel that way,can't really see how you read it as a personal dig.Never intended to come across like that.

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Facebook and the Forum are two very different beasts, FB has the notifications (which the Forum will be getting in the coming upgrade along with the Phone Apps etc) but what FB doesn’t have is any reference or searching to see the history. See a post in the morning and by the evening its 50 pages away.

I try keep tabs as much as poss on other Regional FB sites, but its impossible to keep up with.

Sonia , has done a great job in getting the Essex Meets going again and I’m sure will keep the Forum side of things up to date.

As I mentioned Sonia, the Herts members will hopefully be coming over for a visit in the not too distant future.

If anyone has any pics of the meets, please post them up T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kate thingy - Southend on Sea
SimonGP - Southend on Sea
Skiprat - Clacton on Sea
Martc - Coggeshall
apewter - Leigh-On-Sea
Piggy78 - Burnham On Crouch
Johncoll......Ilford,Essex East London
DubCrew - Chelmsford
hobbyhorse - Leigh On Sea
elliotm - Broomfield, Chelmsford
Essex red T4 - Maldon
Roadster60 Lt Clacton
Dan The Van - Upminster
Gaffers101 - Kelvedon
Waynetbun - Maldon
Swampy72- Billericay and Witham
Crickers - Great Leighs near Chelmsford
Kat - Rochford, Southend on Sea
Robbie:t4 - westcliff on sea
mjwilliams20 - Debden
Cash2249 southend

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys first post on here. Recently got my T4 for work. Been thinking of swapping for a newer van but after reading some magazines I have decided to put some money in to her. Look forward to meeting some like minded people.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Kate thingy - Southend on Sea
SimonGP - Southend on Sea
Skiprat - Clacton on Sea
Martc - Coggeshall
apewter - Leigh-On-Sea
Piggy78 - Burnham On Crouch
Johncoll......Ilford,Essex East London
DubCrew - Chelmsford
hobbyhorse - Leigh On Sea