VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that the 'FaceLift Thread how to" thread is huge, and I was wondering why a pre facelift T5 owner would want to change to look like a Facelift. Is it that people prefer to buy a T5 pre-facelift as they are deemed more reliable, or something else?

Did original T4 owners change their vans to look like a later incarnation (I assume the T4 was facelifted?)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I don't get it either, but each to their own, live and let live, you can't take your money with you when you die, etc., etc.

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
I wonder if the facelift boys in a few years want to fit the pre facelift front I:

·
Registered
241 Posts
You've only got to look at mk2 golfs... Back in the day everyone was putting big bumpers on small bumper cars to make them look newer. Now everyone is wanting small bumpers and swapping back to make them look older.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True - on older cars people always seem to want an original look, yet with newish vehicles we seem to want to mod them to within an inch of their lives :eek:

In less than 10 years time the facelifters (can I say that? I: ) will want to change back to add more value to their vehicles

But, as someone else said, you can't take the money with you so spend it on what makes you happy A:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Here you go a bit of "early unmolested t4" , love the look and wouldn't change any of it

[/QUOTE]

Did early T4s come with white indicators then? Can't be unmolested if they were originally orange.:*

·
Registered
211 Posts
IMHO it's annoying that pre facelift T5 owners can purchase the facelift parts, when some of us facelift model owners bought said model as we preferred the new look, and it shows we have a newer van, but when older vans are updated you cannot tell the difference. Just my opinion though ;)

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
IMHO it's annoying that pre facelift T5 owners can purchase the facelift parts, when some of us facelift model owners bought said model as we preferred the new look, and it shows we have a newer van, but when older vans are updated you cannot tell the difference. Just my opinion though ;)
why you snob :eek: LOL:

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
You can tell... Like if its got an under ttray and a spare wheel and most of the under plastics and a different dash then its not a face lift I:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
In the same way i bought the parts to add to my van as "i prefered the new look", just didn't prefer the cheaper build quality and CR engine and £370 per month..... Just my opinion though ;)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I don't get it either
Neither do I - personally, I don't see the point of trying to make something look like it clearly is not.

Apart from the points already raised by festa the number plate is usually a bit of a giveaway.

Wonder what effect, if any this sort of mod will make to the re-sale value in a few years time ?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Neither do I - personally, I don't see the point of trying to make something look like it clearly is not.

Wonder what effect, if any this sort of mod will make to the re-sale value in a few years time ?
I was wondering the same thing. Lots of money spent then more needed in future to put it back to the way it was? Is this the 'scene tax'? I:

1 - 20 of 212 Posts