VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Dont buy flashband its way to expensive got to your local wicks find where they keep the roofing felt they do an underfelt one side is smooth and the other side is sticky it comes on a big roll for aprox £40 I done my hole van floor/side good stuff T:

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
where do you get flashband from? and wot is it usualy used for? roofs?
wickes cheapest,when you see the bare panels inside,vw do put a small square of deadening on,but the bare minimum.if you put strips on one panel,go out n tap it compared to others it has a dull thud to it.i put 1 strip on each roof panel.you dont need to cover it allT:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
wickes cheapest,when you see the bare panels inside,vw do put a small square of deadening on,but the bare minimum.if you put strips on one panel,go out n tap it compared to others it has a dull thud to it.i put 1 strip on each roof panel.you dont need to cover it allT:
agreed , this stuff is quite weighty , i wouldnt wana add loads . strips here and there, filling large pannels just to stop the vibration from traveling along pannels T:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
agreed , this stuff is quite weighty , i wouldnt wana add loads . strips here and there, filling large pannels just to stop the vibration from traveling along pannels T:
Great help, thanks a lot. Just need to decide now. Tricky. I just checked your thread about flooring. I was after some rubberised matting, with dimples on. If you get what I mean? Although I'll have a closer look at the stuff your offering when I get a sec. Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts