VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else impulse buy?

I had a decent enough replica and then i bought a real one......

Question is what is your biggest most useless impulse buy?

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Does anyone else impulse buy?

I had a decent enough replica and then i bought a real one......

Question is what is your biggest most useless impulse buy?
Cant answer that one but I can tell you the forks are in backwards! Check out the dropouts - they should be in front of the fork blades. It should ride a damn site better with them the right way around and much less twitchy.

·
Banned
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant answer that one but I can tell you the forks are in backwards! Check out the dropouts - they should be in front of the fork blades. It should ride a damn site better with them the right way around and much less twitchy.
Mate, i know, the geezer I bought it from had like this, I remember back in the day that the TA would always change the forks round the shorten the wheel base for trix and stuff....:ILU:

·
Registered
182 Posts
[/IMG]

This was my biggest impulse buy: 8 yrs ago, bought it before I'd passed my test... or for that moment took a single 'proper' bike lesson: still got it...... not been on the road for a fair while and neither of us are as shiney now ;)

·
Banned
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/IMG]

This was my biggest impulse buy: 8 yrs ago, bought it before I'd passed my test... or for that moment took a single 'proper' bike lesson: still got it...... not been on the road for a fair while and neither of us are as shiney now ;)
Nice one WayneS, you only live once mate, as I always say Just Fu**ing Do It.....T: glad to know I am not alone :ILU:

·
Registered
173 Posts
mines has to be my Breitling watch

Already had a 1987 Chronograph, Chronomat, which was nice and worked perfectly fine

Then when and spent £1800 on this beauty, although it is titanium and good for 3km deep diving (which is always handy lol)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
A botched Bay Window with a transplanted Ford watercooled engine in it.....impulse bought because I had a camping holiday booked and it was for sale round the corner. 2 years, a lot of money, a lot of fun buying bits/fixing-upping but hardly any camping.....I saw sense, sold it and got the T4. :)

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
I impulse bought a sausage roll from Sayers.
I instantly regretted not buying a sausage and bean pastie.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Triumphs. I cant resist a sad looking Stag or TR7V8.

I feel as though I have to bring them home and care for them.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Some of these things are mega expensive and maybe if you have money not so bad.

currently if I buy a set of lowering springs which almost happened earlier this morning id have to sell my kidney to keep my direct debits flowing.

However I have bought a sticker for the van on the agreement with myself that I go to the garage today and find something to sell.

Anyone for some 'borrowed' pint glasses of various makes or half a bottle of windscreen wash?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts