VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps ! i have a 2.5 petrol ,had full respray late last year (pride and joy)kept all starderd bumpers etc just lowerd and 19s with spoiler on barn doors.nice crome roof rails aswell.Anyway just after xmas some1 decided not to bother slowing down in trecherous conditions andd hurt the old girl ! front bumper indicater eyebrow and wing.So having to redo bodywork etc again so this time decided for aftermarket kit rs8 style full front and rear bumpers and wide arch kit.Getting it all ready for summer,, the question i have has any1 fitted wide arch kit and can give some good advice.Have been told not to stick on and fill to make it all in 1 and sexy but then i have been told to do that also to have some kind of gaskit like on beetles ? please some good advice guys !!

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Sorry mate iv no idea but look forward to seeing the end results...........good luck with it!!!!
Id go with the smooth look just my opinion

·
Registered
79 Posts
A guy in a bodyshop that does T4's only. Advised me not to put one on as he had done a couple and he could't stop the seams from cracking. I hope that is just him that doesn't know what he's on about as I like the look, however I steered clear as didn't want to spend the money and it look a dog.

Also do you have to alter the sliding door to clear the rear arches?

I would go smoothed in. Looks better

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Mine hasn't cracked, I guess it's just a matter if doing it right and using the right materials ?

And yes, you will need to space the sliding door rail to clear arches if they are the same as mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts