VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any decent places for me to park up for a night near goodwood race circuit? Spending a weekend at the aerodrome in April and would quite like to give wild camping a go!

·
previously known as passattdi
1,173 Posts
There are a lot of well to do people around there and no obvious places I can see where you can wilc camp. There may be a couple of places back towards South Harting/Petersfield just off the South Downs Way where you can camp up.

There is a car park up on the Downs overlooking South Harting but I don't know how the are about overnight camping. I know Goodwood has a camping field for the Festival of Speed but as you're there at the Aerodrome they may let you camp/park up on the estate.

You don't ask, you don't get is my motto, give them a ring and see what they say, there's plenty of parking areas over on the track/aerodrome side, I'm sure they'd let you sit up there.

Failing that, the Witterings aren't a million miles away, Scotts Farm at East Wittering.

Cheers

Alex
passattdi

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Alex,

Do you mean the car park round the corner from the horsy circuit? That was one that I thought about but have heard it's a "Dogging" location! lol! (That may have a created a little mor einterest in me lol) A:LOL:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The witterings are not to far from Goodwood.

there are campsites around that way, but might have something that suits your needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts