VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to organise a tour of scotland with some friends in the summer after seeing some of the great views and experiences people have had on here. However I've got a few worries about what's acceptable, has anyone done wild camping with a van and awning/ tent? Reading the outdoor access code for scotland it seems to discourage parking near roads, which if it's just a van I can see how it doesn't cause any bother, but I'm not sure what the reaction would be if it's a van and a couple of 2 man tents. Are the roads quite remote and it's unlikely to get any bother as you're camped out of the way regardless or would it be frowned on to be done in this way, meaning it would be best to use the van as a bit of a base and take a tent to more remote areas, or just suck it up and book a more traditional campsite? Please let me know any of your opinions and or experiences with anything similar to this.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Maybe have a look for 'CL' campsites - they're the most basic of campsites which have little to no facilities and are loads cheaper - but also more secure than roadside camping etc. and the owners can often give you some great local info / best pubs to visit etc.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hello mate
As you say wild camping in a tent is totally ok. Not so in a campervan, However it is generally accepted and I think you should be ok.
All the best

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
As above if you generally park out the way and its remote enought it is usually ok. Try
Park4night.com some good info on there .
Also if you've got an idea of the place's you would like to stay a quick search of the forum usually throws up some info.Good luck and Happy camping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts