VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Will 15 inch alloys fit bigger brakes??

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  T4Raf 
#1 ·
Hi all!
Been reading a few posts on the similar subject, but can't find an answer. I'm after original 15" T4 alloys (ideally projekt zwo, did they make 15's for T4??) as trying to change my setup for more comfort - 215x75x15 (225x70x15)
My question is will they fit my T4 model as pretty sure I've read somewhere that 2.5 tdi AHY had bigger brake discs, pads and callipers to deal with more powerful engine. Bought the vehicle with caddy's 16" and 195x65x16 tyres.
Please confirm anyone, reading it over again sounds silly, so slap me in tha face ;) but got to ask.cheers Raf

#3 ·
I had these on my ex AA 2.5tdi ACV with no issues. The ex AAs had the larger brakes you refer to.
Thank you, appreciate it. Yours was 102 bhp if I remember correctly, but if brakes are bigger as you say, that's good news to me.
I like those wheelies btw, is it BBS , powder coated in graphite grey??
My best, Raf

#5 ·
Yes, Vortex, thank you, looking nice, top job! rattle can or more elaborated?
Don't want to go off topic, but very keen on your views on t4 vs t5 subject, handling and suspension(comfort)-wise. Please pm me if more convenient if you could, much obliged.

#6 ·
Yes rattle can job, approx. one can per wheel. With anything prep is the most important thing. Forget how much rubbing down etc was required. I even made a jig to support the wheel when painting so i could do the edges of the rim at the same time. Would probably get them powder coated theses days.

#7 ·
Hi,
Just to update as I've seen few people looking at the post. Found some info on German T4 wiki, contradictory to the advice given in here.
Bremsanlage – T4-Wiki

Don't want to slag off akdaka as he might be absolutely correct but for anyone reading it in the future with 16 chassis t4, please bear in mind 15 wheels might be not suitable for the more powerful factory engines.
Still got my lovely 15 projekt zwo's in the garage, bought in a spur of the moment so will probably find out one day once will try and fit it.
Looking for nice 16' at the moment....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.