VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Outwell EcoCool 35l and will only have it connected whilst driving or @ hookup.
Would it be stupid of me to connect it to my leisure instead of the crank? The only reason to do that is because I have a nice switch terminal connected to it and...yeah well I´m lazy and I hate long wires :)

I´m thinking that the only bad thing doing this is that the leisure will charge slower and if I would forget to disconnect it
when I park (even if the coolbox has a low battery guard). But I rather drain the leisure a bit then the crank.. :*

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,141 Posts
All depends upon if you have a cowboy 20-30 amps split charge system, or a quality VSR 100-140 amp one.

I drive with TWO coolboxes running, and leave both on overnight.
No problems....but I do have the 140 amp VSR with 100 amp fuses inline.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I would connect it to the leisure battery. At least that way, if you forget, you'll still be able to start the engine.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,169 Posts
In reality, it really doesn't matter which one you connect it to when you are driving if you are using a relay as a split charge as when the relay is active, the Leisure and the Starter Batteries are strapped together and acting as a single battery bank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts