VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Don't think they are load rated, as they are for a car...not a 3 ton van...most likely snap and fall off even if they would bolt on..

·
Registered
438 Posts
I should also have mentioned that if the wheels and tyres are not load rated for the vehicle they are fitted too , then your insurance will be void also ...

·
Registered
32 Posts
You dont mention if you are fitting the 9.5J rims all round.

They will be close to the wheel arch on the back but will definately sit outside the arch on the front. The M3 rears are an et27 so I reakon the fronts will sit about 10mm outside the arch line.

As mentioned they wont be weight rated for the van even though the original BMW wheels are strong forged items. If they are replicas I wouldnt touch them.

If they are fitted with tyres these will need changing as they wont be right for a T5.

If you do fit them get some piccys posted T:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers dozer62 thats the sorta info i was looking.

I'm not looking to fit M3 wheels but Rota that come in M3 fittment.

dereknic2000 have you ever see or heard of a non load rated wheel breakig up?????

·
Registered
129 Posts
dereknic2000 have you ever see or heard of a non load rated wheel breakig up?????
I have.

To be blunt, as that appears the only way to get the message across, not only will your insurance be invalidated, any person injured or worse as a result of stupidly fitting under rated wheels and/or tyres will be on your conscience, not mine.

It is as easy and cost effective to fit the correct wheel/tyre combinations as it is to be a !!!

Happy motoring. *<:)>

·
Registered
438 Posts
Dereknic have you ever see or heard of a non load rated wheel breakig up?????[/QUOTE]

Yep, at least twice...one was my mates BMW 520... Finally enough with run flat tyres, tyre was ok...but wheel got ripped of the car, no idea what caused it, garage said fatigue!!.... But never heard of it on a van..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now can anyone tell will they fit?
This should give you some idea. I know its a 22" wheel package but the fitment is pretty close to the 9.5J et27 M3 rears you intend fitting on the front. In the flesh the rear is bang in line with the wheel arch and does clear the sliding the door, the front however sits about 10mm outside the line of the arch.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Yep, I took the M3 wheels off my M3 and stuck them on the van to see what it looked like. However, they are lightweight alloys and not strong enough to keep the feds happy. Even aftermarket ones should be checked for load rating.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So if i fit M3 fronts 19" 8J they should clear with no prob?
Yeap the fronts will fit fine although as already said arent not correctly load rated :) You will need 72.6mm to 65.1mm spigot rings and some new taper M14x1.5 35mm thread length bolts aswell if you go ahead. These are easily found on Ebay T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts