VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got stopped at the Swiss border for a full van search, full bag search and document check. Got taken inside for questioning about cocaine!

I know they are doing their job but proper freaked me out even though I know I have done nothing wrong.

Is this pretty standard for Transporter drives with long hair and beards? Or have I just answered my own question...

Did'nt help that the van is mid way through conversion and is full of rubbish. they literally went through every little bit of paper, unfolding it looking for drugs.

Should I cut my hair?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
looking for a wrap! Proper tragic!

Nothing worse than an over zealous border guard who thinks a bud of green is a £1.4mill haul by an international cannabis ring

My mate went through switzerland once and the same thing happened to him (he had dreadlocks) - really went to town on his vehicle! Pulled all the interior apart!

Why just cocaine? Its not "we want to talk t you about drugs in general" its "we want to talk to you SPECIFICALLY about cocaine"

What about the other drugs? Sheets of acid would be just as bad, but you NEVER hear about border guards going "were gonna search your vehicle for acid" - its always coke and smack because they're the money makers

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
really went to town on his vehicle! Pulled all the interior apart! :eek:

If they done that to me I'd be tempted to pull their gun out and shoot them!! :D

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Driving from Greece to the UK my dad got stopped 6 times by the police. They pull single men in vans much more than any other car

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i do the same journey over the border with my girlfriend loads but I've never been pulled. mIght get some kind of blow up female companion for the border checks

What got me was the guy just seemed determined to find something in my luggage / van. He found some chewing gum in a receipt in my bag and got really excited for a moment. Until he realised it was a minty lump of rubber.

I guess that will teach me to stay up all night drinking with my friends, sleeping in my clothes and then trying to leave the country I:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Swiss lot were always a nightmare.
I found that informing them that the country must be a **** place to live as it was the only country in Europe that even Hitler didn't want, got me on friendly terms with them.
Every time was always a pretty thorough search with the race trucks as well.
I suppose they have nothing to do now they don't have to wind up clocks due to the development of battery operated ones.
A55-holes the lot of em.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts