VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
have found a set of alloys, can you tell me if they will fit ? fronts are 8 x 19 offset 32
rears are 9.5 x 19 offset 32 will they be ok with a 45mm drop suspension ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
i dont think so mate u will probably need a offset of arount 42/45ish i would of thought

im sure some1 who has 19 will b able 2 answer u soon tho:)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Fronts will be no problem, rears should be OK depending what tyres you intend using. Jakbskate (my son) has 9" x 19s with an offset of 35 without rubbing, and his is lowered -85 with thinner shims on the back!
Depending what they were from originally (assume they are 5x112 stud pattern?) you might also need spigot rings too (only cost about £5 and easy to find).
Good luck!

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
the only 2 issue that effect if your tyre will rub are offset and tyre size
wheel width in theory shouldnt effect the rubbing issue

a 225 35 19 tyre on a 9.5" wheel or a 8" wheel will stay in the same position where tyre meets arch if the et was the same.

the wheels will fit on there its the the tyre that you need to pick right to make sure you dont rub.

fit 225 35 19 tyres with a nice bit of stretchT:

plus you will need to pack the sliding door runner as door will hit wheel on those rims

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I briefly had 8.5x19's ET35 on my van. Lowered 85mm on 225/35R19 tyres (gave a slight stretch) I had no problem with rubbing. Although if I had used slightly chunkier tyres I think they would have rubbed going over bumps. As Clint said the sliding door could be an issue, I had about 2mm clearance on the door and the rubber stop did actually hit them every time it was opened.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice, have brought the wheels I:. will let you know how we get on - plan to buy 225-35-19 tyres :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
the only 2 issue that effect if your tyre will rub are offset and tyre size
wheel width in theory shouldnt effect the rubbing issue

a 225 35 19 tyre on a 9.5" wheel or a 8" wheel will stay in the same position where tyre meets arch if the et was the same.
Not true. if both wheels had the same offset, the 9.5" wide wheel would stick out 3/4" more than the 8". :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts