VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have the opportunity of some lovely 19" alloys that have come off a brand new Merc E Class AMG. Will they go on my 2004 T5?

What should i be looking out for in the way of number etc? And if they do fit what size tyres would you recommend?

Any help of advice would be geatful appreciated. A:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
hi guys,

i have the opportunity of some lovely 19" alloys that have come off a brand new merc e class amg. Will they go on my 2004 t5?

What should i be looking out for in the way of number etc? And if they do fit what size tyres would you recommend?

Any help of advice would be geatful appreciated. A:

no good chap!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guess its back to the drawing board and see if i can part x them for a set that will fit!

·
Registered
29 Posts
They will fit...... just not straight on, you could get adapters (H+R or similar from someone like G-Werks) to get them on, you will just need to check offsets and then decide what thickness addapters you need to get your desired offset. (if you don't know about this kinda stuff, check out wheel whores.com)

If you are significantly lowering the vehicle you tend to be able to get away with crazy low offsets and still get the rim just in or inline with the arch (important at the back or the sliding door won't open!!) (may also need to run slightly streached tyres for arch clearance)

Almost anything can be made to fit with a little imaginaton/hassle, so if you love the wheels/got a good deal then go for it!T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts