1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought a 110amp battery off these guys and it's fitted under my drivers seat nicely. T:

I also got my relay from upspex. He should be able to help you if you're wiring in 2. Essentially it's just a bit more wire to put them in parallel :cool:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I bother with two 110amp batterys, will there be much of a difference than just having the one? I'm going to be running 4/5 amps and subs, as well as lighting and cooler/fridge.

·
Registered
95 Posts
All depends on how long you want stuff to run for and how much you'll be driving. Charging 2 110amp batteries will take a while driving around. Also, even though it says 110amps don't think you'll get that much out of it, even fully charged. You'll get maybe 80? But then with 2 you'll have 160, so it's obviously worth it if you're gonig to use that power up between charges.

You're going to run 4-5 amps? as in stereo amps?? They'll potentially use a lot of power. I was looking at putting one in but decided not to as it would drain my battery too quick. Cold beer won over a louder stereo.

The choice of fridge makes a big difference too. Generally he more expensive it is the lower the amps it uses. The less it uses the longer your battery will last.

Lighting can almost be ignored provided they're LEDs as they use hardly any amps.

My battery will run my TV (LCD kitchen one), fridge, stereo, lights and the ignition for the cooker - with a 12v socket for phone charger and maybe laptop. The fridge is the big drain from that but I think I can make 3 days on a full charge without turning the engine on. Only time will tell if I got that right though.

If you're going to be doing a few hundred miles every day then you're going to be getting a lot more charge into your battery so you might not be looking for it to last as long as possible. Everyone has different requirements after all..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another option might be to purchase just one battery initially & see how it goes, if you never totally drain it between running the van to charge it up again then thats all you need, however, if you are constantly running it down then add the second battery ?.

John

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats for your input Powlo, and Johnny boy I agree that would be a good idea, but I wanted to get all the wiring and installing done at the same time, and while i've got the seats and carpets up to do the sound insulation. Jury is still out on one battery or two???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts