VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I know this may be been covered but I have honestly had a decent look through the technical guides and am none the wiser.

So, I would like to change my current steering wheel (with airbag) to a more up to date looking one from a VW Golf Mk4 (also with an airbag) but will the shaft fit? will the indicators horn all work as intended? Could it be risky in terms of setting off and air bag when refitting/wiring it all up? Would a boss kit be required?

Thanks in advance!

Ta

·
Registered
22 Posts
i've got a mk4 gold one fitted to my 1999 panel van

it fits nice BUT it hits the light stalk so no high beam i'm afraid, unless you use a spacer of some sort

-joe

·
Registered
124 Posts
on a mk4 golf there is a spline adaptor fitted
as long as you can seperate the adaptor you will be ok for the splines as its correct without adaptor

i actually chosea polo for size and looks

when refitting airbag connection i used the t4 squib and screwed it to the rear of the polo wheel
took a bit of adapting to get it set at right hight bolted up and pluged it into polo airbag
all fits nicely

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone I have just purchased a vw golf mark 4 steering when for my vw t4 van (1995) but the centre hole in the golf steering wheel looks bigger than my standard steering wheel, please does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not yet I'm tiring to do the same thing here.
The spline adapter will work but needs shorting .
I was wondering if light and wiper units can be used from the mk4 cars ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts