VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for ideally a used wind out canopy for my swb van that I can leave attached to van permanently.
Having never had one before was hoping for some advise on what's out there and what's a realistic price !:D

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I managed to get a Silver Fiamma F45 Ti 2.8m wind out awning last year off the 'bay last year for £200 - although I had to drive about 100 miles to collect it. Its in excellent condition with the winder at the front & I'm very pleased with the price I got it for.

For a SWB (like mine) you really want a 2.8m (or the older 2.5m) the 3m is better for the LWB. Many winding handles are ar the rear (unless you fit it to drivers side) and there has been some discussion on here as to which is the best place for the handle.

Brackets to fit it cost £50ish depending on what type of roof you have -and many have to be customised to suit. Read the sticky in the conversion forum for some insight.

Fiamma also do a Caravanstore awning in a bag - which came with my van - but I wasn't very impressed with it hanging on the Side of the roof & wouldn't recommend one.

I'm looking for a used privacy room for mine now so if anyone out there in T5 land is looking to sell one..............

John

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John,.....my vans a silver swb and that would have been perfect for me.......the hunt is on!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts