VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , the van i'm getting (i've put a deposit on it ) has a solid tailgate on it (no rear window ) . i was thinking of having a window fitted in it so it would be easier to reverse &park etc. But when i was discussing it with a fella at the bus fest show on sunday he said it would be a mistake and i should leave the tailgate "solid" what is the general opinion on this thanks inadvance

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hello i have rear windows in but have them covered all the time.But OK if you want to let the light in.
Depends what you want and if you think its worth the money.
If you don't have a window you also save on curtains or covers for it.
I would just have a window on the sliding door.Help you see better when you come to them junctions at an angle where you can't see.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Strange thing to say that it would be a big mistake
I wonder what his idea was behind the comment

Personally i also have a back window in my tailgate
But mine is also covered up most of the time with curtains
So personally i wouldnt fit one but that doesnt mean you shouldnt
Its your van so do it if you want T:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Def window,even more so if you got no side glass. i love to sleep in mine looking at views through the back window

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Would be no window for me. Save on curtains. Stop the light waking me up. Plus genuine vw non windows will be like rocking horse droppings in years to come

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I can't help thinking this boils down to whether or not you want to see out of the back or not. If you do, windows will come in handy. If you don't, then no windows will be easier than buying windows then pulling the curtains.

Just my thoughts ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
my opinion is no window it looks nice,secure,no curtains,no rails, looks wicked carpeted on the inside, have side wijndow fitted with slider in but i have no style really but my back door curtains are always closed and i love my side mirrors the most. :cool:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hello , the van i'm getting (i've put a deposit on it ) has a solid tailgate on it (no rear window ) . i was thinking of having a window fitted in it so it would be easier to reverse &park etc. But when i was discussing it with a fella at the bus fest show on sunday he said it would be a mistake and i should leave the tailgate "solid" what is the general opinion on this thanks inadvance
As most of your responses seem to have said "windows", I think you should go for it! T:

I can even help you save some money, time and inconveniance by offering you a swap for a much sort after tailgate with factory window (in white OR Fresian Green) T:

Yes, you may have guessed that I would rather a tailgate without a window but that is just me! :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine is a window tailgate that has been plated up - I love the non window look, I wish mine was a factory non window tho

Why not, instead of cutting a hole in it, buy a tailgate with a window in it, and try it out.. there some on ebay for about £100..

I'm sure if you liked the window then you'd sell on your non window easily too

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Poll: Vote - No Windows!

You dont need to see out of the back of a solid tailgate, otherwise, why would they make em? Your not miss daisy are you?

Seriously though, as mentioned, they look great, they are getting more rare by the day, and if you really really wanted a window later, you can..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i live in a terraced street which has a bit of a parking issue (too many cars not enough space )so the thinking was that a rear window would make parking a little easier , but after reading everyone's opinions and thinking about my wallet i think i'll leave it solid and see how it goes thank you for all your posts T:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts