VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could any 1 tell me how to get to the window washer pump on my t5???? And all so were is it??? Lol aaaaarrrrrrr it's doing my was in

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine's not working either so keen to hear what your fault is (mine keeps blowing fuses)! The pump can be reached by removing a few of the torx bolts at the front of the passenger side front wheelarch liner and pulling the liner back (you might have to undo a couple underneath the bumper too, can't recall). Not so sure about disconnecting it as I've not had the time yet...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine's not working either so keen to hear what your fault is (mine keeps blowing fuses)! The pump can be reached by removing a few of the torx bolts at the front of the passenger side front wheelarch liner and pulling the liner back (you might have to undo a couple underneath the bumper too, can't recall). Not so sure about disconnecting it as I've not had the time yet...
Thanks for that info. Mine just stop working stright after I got it back from a services at VW van centre tipical lol will keep u posted

·
Registered
45 Posts
Spooky, mine stopped working when I drove it out a VW Van Centre too... Had just had cruise fitted (oh, and the engine replaced!).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spooky, mine stopped working when I drove it out a VW Van Centre too... Had just had cruise fitted (oh, and the engine replaced!).
My be it's there way of saying thanks come back soon so we can charge lots more money hahahahahaha

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had to buy a new pump (euro cars parts £22 VW wonted £38 +vat) the inpellor was stuck, I have a sneaky feeling that VW when doing the services filled the washer bottle up an took the mesh filter out so think that some very small peaces of grit or somthing has got in :* are well working now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i assumed the pump had failed having checked the 7.5 amp fuse in dash fuse box as suggested by the VW garage. After removing the pump and connecting 12v across it proved it was actually ok. So more Web research on this site. It turns out the washer fuse is the only 7.5 amp fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment near the battery. swapped that out and it works ok again. we think it was probably a very weak washer fluid that froze up and blew the fuse when the stalk was pressed.
note the washer pump is located in front of the passenger side front wheel. turn the wheel in (right hand lock) and undo the screws holding in the plastic wheel arch in front of the wheel. bend the cover back to reveal the pump and reservoir. the pump pulls out of the reservoir grommet. the feeds to the front and rear washers are colour coded black and white and are held in by clips that slide off.
so moral is - use screen wash that prevents freezing and check the right fuse!! shame the manual does not give the fuse info.
this applied to our 2011 T5 2.0 twin turbo caravelle but I suspect it is common to others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts