VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to the van this morning and had the shock of my life, both windows were partially down, almost the same on both sides!!! :mad:

I though someone had been near it but all seemed well (the sat-nav's still there!)

It would have to be this week when my CCTV power supply has blown up though otherwise I'd know exactly when it happened :(

So what's going on?? The van was locked up last night, and still locked this morning but something made the windows wind down on both sides!!

It's a new 2014 4motion T5 Highline and I know a fair bit about electronics but don't have any wiring diagrams for this to try and figure out what can make the windows operate. I don't think they work after the key is removed which is even more puzzling!

Are the windows on the CANBUS or is it a simple battery-switch-motor arrangement?

Is it possible for a wireless signal to operate the windows in any way? I have the 3 button remote but that just does the locking.

Has this happened to anyone else, or has anyone got an explanation??? :*

Thanks!

Trevor.

·
Special Rapporteur
10,058 Posts
Can you definitely rule out accidental operation of the remote? If someone sat on it (for example) and accidentally made a long press on the unlock button, that would wind the windows down on a 2014 van. It should then re-lock itself, but AFAIK it won't automatically wind the windows back up.

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Our X5 did the same the other day when it was snowing over night, we think it was one of our boys playing with the remote because it does the same as the T5 and brings your windows down if you hold the unlock button. That will teach them to fiddle as they had cold snow filled car seats to sit in:)

VW did have an issue but it was about 8 years ago when some of there vehicle windows came down on there own due to electrical issues, my mum and dads golf did it a few times.
VW wouldn't admit it was a fault even though it was well publicised across the web but the strange thing was our local dealer new straight away how to re-program the car so the comfort windows opening was disabled:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just recently I've noticed that on my 04 T5 transporter the drivers door remote does not operate and I have reverted to using the key method. I have also noticed the when the key is held in the lock at the open position, both windows open together and also close when held in the lock position. Have you been using the key and do your windows do the same? Also, the lock feels stiff when using the key and the lock button can not be pushed down manually. After looking on the forum I decided to check the wires under the drivers seat, where I have 3 red and blue wires into 2 that then go to the remote PC unit. The wires and joint look very good. I would send a picture but not sure how to attach it? Anyhow any pointers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
867 Posts
you sat on your keys for about 7 seconds T:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you definitely rule out accidental operation of the remote? If someone sat on it (for example) and accidentally made a long press on the unlock button, that would wind the windows down on a 2014 van. It should then re-lock itself, but AFAIK it won't automatically wind the windows back up.
Well I never... spot on! A:

Yup if you long press the unlock button it will start to wind the windows down then it will lock itself back up again if you don't open the doors. That must have been what happened...

I've never heard of being able to open the windows with the remote, close them yes, but I can't think why I'd need to unlock the doors and open all the windows at the same time. Those crazy Germans! ;)

But just in case there's a little scroat hanging around with a code scanner... my CCTV is now working again, so bring it on!! Rasp:

Trevor.

·
Registered
867 Posts
i had this feature on my last Audi. when in a hot country (and the odd occasion in the uk) it was nice to open the windows before i got in T:

·
Special Rapporteur
10,058 Posts
As martin33100 says, if you find it a problem the feature can be coded to disable it if you want, though IIRC you can only disable both opening and closing features at the same time, not separately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts