VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The windscreen on my newly acquired t4 is look a bit past it have a sizable deep scratch and is chipped :(

I thought it would cost a fortune to replace and was thinking of getting the scratches polished out and the chips filled but I am beginning to wonder if replacing the windscreen would be cheaper?

Ive had fleet insurance for years and only just got a decent deal on my own insurance so dont really want to use my windscreen cover :no

Ive seen post on here saying a T5 screen supplied and fitted can be as low as just over £100-150 but how much for a T4?

Also can anybody recommend an independent Windscreen fitter that's T4 friendly other than Gavin with his special Resin in or around the Swindon area or as far as Gloucester or Bristol?

Thanks

Jodie :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Have you checked your insurance. A few companies still offer free windscreen replacement. The majority have a fee between £25 and £80 pounds.

Auto Windscreens did mine, I am very pleased with the result.

Dean @ VanDoc can also do windscreens! He is mobile and indepedant.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yeh I have got windscreen cover its £75 but if I can help it id rather not go down that route as I have only had the insurance a week I:

After years of not having any NCB due to being on fleet insurance my current insurance as honored some of my fleet NC and given me 7 years NCB that didn't have to give me so I don't want to wind them up :no

If I can get the windscreen done for £150 or under id rather just pay myself ;)

Just looked up Vandoc if hes the guy in Redditch guessing that would add a fair bit to the job because of the distance?

Unless he has premisses we can go to ourselves?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I believe you can go to VanDoc yourself, but he is mobile - and his travel costs are rather reasonable. Best bet is to get in touch over the forum.

If you claim for a windscreen on your insurance, it does not affect your NCB, and (according to my current insurer) does not even need to be declared as a claim.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I used Phoenix windscreens in Exeter (long way from you I know). Supply and fit at my
Place of work, top tinted pilkington screen..... £120. Van doc wasn't even in the same ball park. Sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts