VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my T4's windscrreen is leaking like nobodies business, and when I look, there's thick wads of black sealant at the bottom and the water comes in the top in a steady stream!

Is the screen bonded? What I'm asking is could I call Autoglass to remove and replace the windscreen, and is it expensive?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Hi, my T4's windscrreen is leaking like nobodies business, and when I look, there's thick wads of black sealant at the bottom and the water comes in the top in a steady stream!

Is the screen bonded? What I'm asking is could I call Autoglass to remove and replace the windscreen, and is it expensive?

Thanks
Yes it is bonded and yes if you call Autoglass it probably will be expensive:(

www.aaw-ltd.co.uk

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Who did it for £95?

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
does it look like a poorly fitted aftermarket screen, or has rust damaged the surround?

best way forward is to have it out at a body shop ( typically £50 out and £50 back in ) and have the lip repaired rebuilt repainted

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must admit my first thought is rust under the rubber...someone has dumped a load of black mastic at the bottom to try and stop it, and there is rust appearing elsewhere on the bodywork. I'll have a close look from the inside but I'm in a wheelchair which makes looking from the outside a bit tricky!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts