VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

calling all windsurfers, come and post some pics of your windsurf/surf vans.
Ive had a van for a month now and cant decide what to do with it and need some inspiration from any windsurfers out there.

thanks Steve

·
Registered
85 Posts
Single span 18mm ply with 44mm square cross braces reinforced with glass cloth and epoxy. Two deck sections, front and rear. Uses existing trim fixing holes. Unobstructed space much better than the usual middle vertical support designs. Super strong, used to use it as a bed deck before I got the Reimo roof. When carrying kit (can fit three boards, five sails and all the bits under there) I used a pond liner to catch the salt water and prevent floor rusting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like the way its all hidden under the carpet, i have been thinking of doing a simular thing but only boarding half of it as i would still like to get my bike in there too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i like the way its all hidden under the carpet, i have been thinking of doing a simular thing but only boarding half of it as i would still like to get my bike in there too.
Great minds think alike. Since the photos were taken I've shortened the front half of the deck so can now easily fit two bikes infront, behind the front seats, but still enough space for a full size double mattress on top...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts