VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know how to some how tighten the wing mirror glass as every time I close my door it needs to be ajusted , the electric mover inside the cab does not work thanks.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Just replace the glass, they are about £12 each. They fit on a large socket type push-on fitting and thro age, they become loose and vibrate. I have replaced both of mine with no problems. Ring GSF for the mirror glass with backing plate.

In my opinion using anything to pack the mirror is just a tempoary bodge, just not worth it when they aren't expensive new T:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
One thing that bugs me is..................

It's not a blooming wing mirror is it, funnily enough it's bolted to the door, making it a door mirror! I:

·
Read Only
666 Posts
I recently bought a replacement driver's door mirror (electric). It's a pattern replacement so non-VW.
I have the very same problem even though the mirror is brand new ! When on the move, the glass shakes badly leaving
the rear view blurry. :(

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Just replace the glass, they are about £12 each. They fit on a large socket type push-on fitting and thro age, they become loose and vibrate. I have replaced both of mine with no problems. Ring GSF for the mirror glass with backing plate.

In my opinion using anything to pack the mirror is just a tempoary bodge, just not worth it when they aren't expensive new T:
sounds like a good idea. are they easy to pop out/in? this is my first T4 and not had much experience yet, swapping out bits and bobs...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts