VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was chatting to my mate earlier - he has a '92 Trident Auto Sleeper - and he was looking at sourcing a winter cover for his fridge vent but was having trouble, I don't have a fridge in the van and he's not on the forum :eek:...yet I:

Anyone shed any light on where he can get one?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Got mine from the local caravan parts place. Thought they were dear for what they are (think about £14 the pair) keep the draft out nicely though, and the mice

·
Registered
138 Posts
Your mate could do worse than ring Auto Sleepers direct on 01386 853338. The guy on the spares department is brill and when I've rung up even for the most obscure parts nothing has been too much trouble and they do mail order. By the way the Electolux ventillation grilles part no. for a Trident is A 1620 and the Winter cover to fit them is type WA 120.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thought it was about time I jumped in here seeing as it's my Trident we're on a about I:

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. This is what I have done to date.

I firss went to Spinney Motorhomes who are an AS dealer and sold the camper originally. They couldn't help and suggested I contact AS directly. They were closed over Chrimbo so I went to Camperlands near me and they couldn't help either. When I finally called AS they said that they didn't have any covers that old and I should contact Dometic or another independent spares provider. Dometic told me that as the covers dated to before they took over from Electrolux thay couldn't help me either. :*

So, to sum up, I've tried all the usual channels to no avail so I'm either gonna have to get lucky on fleabay or hope someone here may have a solution.

Failing that, I'll just have to improvise:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :grphg

I would imagine if you trawl the internet you are bound to find someone who has them in stock.

It may help to post a picture of your vents so we can see what sort of covers your are after. The collective knowledge of the forum can often bring results.

cheers Si :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sadly just had a look at a few pictures of Autosleepers, post 97 ones seem to have the standard electrolux twin vents but the earlier ones seem to have just one large vent. Is yours the single vent then?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I doubt Autosleepers had the vent specially made and most likely used a standard one. So there's a good chance it will be the same as fitted to caravans of the same age. had a quick search on fleabay under "fridge vent" and dozens of covers in all shapes and sizes appeared. Including a couple that looked the same as pictures of early tridents. What model is the fridge? as that seems more relevant than the vehicle it's fitted to after having a quick look.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Blimey 470 x 170, thats not a vent, thats an entrance!;) and there's 2 of them! no wonder you want some covers. Will keep an eye out T:

·
Registered
36 Posts
if proper grill covers not found two possible improvisations that i did at various times on similar frifge in an Eriba caravan.(1) Remove outer grills ( each two screws quarter turn) and fill apertures with pieces of expanded polystyrene cut to size. Suitable lumps of polystyrene often supplied as packing matls when goods delivered.Another option.(2) Remove grills and cover back faces with cling film and replace. Many other improvisations possible depending on what is available.
Alleygater

1 - 15 of 15 Posts