VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
2011 T5.1 SWB 2.0L manual
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....after being warned off all terrains I THINK.....I`m going to buy a set of (possibly) Wolfrace Saharas in 17" and then source some decent winter tyres. I`ve used Vredstein Wintrac or Ultrac in the past and really thought they were great...but that was on a car so......what do peeps recommend for a T5.1??? 馃檪馃檪

Premium Member
Ok.....after being warned off all terrains I THINK.....I`m going to buy a set of (possibly) Wolfrace Saharas in 17" and then source some decent winter tyres. I`ve used Vredstein Wintrac or Ultrac in the past and really thought they were great...but that was on a car so......what do peeps recommend for a T5.1??? 馃檪馃檪
What was the issue that put off the AT mate?

Registered
Goodyear Cargo Vector 2 mud & snow on 17鈥 Thunder alloys since I had mine converted 7 years ago

Registered
Research about Wolfraces excellent paint finish and what winter, salted roads might do to them (and then just pickup some VW GP steels/Thunders/Davonports instead for next to nothing).

Registered
Have you got your steels back yet Davy ?
Not entirely sure what I'm doing with wheels tbh. Just put some new tyres on the Sportlines so will be running those for a bit whilst I decide what to do. Reasonably happy running the Sportlines with a decent tyre to be honest... gone are my days I think for 19s/20s with 35 profile tyres. Prioritising decent ride over looks 馃槀

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Research about Wolfraces excellent paint finish and what winter, salted roads might do to them (and then just pickup some VW GP steels/Thunders/Davonports instead for next to nothing).
Surely they won`t be any worse than any alloy in the winter! I always give my alloys a good protective coating with a decent sealent 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 I really dislike the steelies.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just been trying to find 20" winters or all season just out of interest and came across Roadstone Roadian HP.

Roadstone Roadian HP 275 40 R20 106V XL, Newly developed Tread Compound with Silica 鈥 Provides high speed stability in all seasons, especially in icy and snowy weather Multi Sipe and Multi Block Edge 鈥 Provides good grip and braking power on icy and snowy roads

THESE ARE WHAT I HAVE ON NOW 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀

Premium Member
Just been trying to find 20" winters or all season just out of interest and came across Roadstone Roadian HP.

Roadstone Roadian HP 275 40 R20 106V XL, Newly developed Tread Compound with Silica 鈥 Provides high speed stability in all seasons, especially in icy and snowy weather Multi Sipe and Multi Block Edge 鈥 Provides good grip and braking power on icy and snowy roads

THESE ARE WHAT I HAVE ON NOW 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀
Looks like you've just gone on a big circle!馃槀馃槀

It should mention, not much good on muddy, stodgy grass馃槀

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually find the ride ok with my 20`s. Some of the worst potholes do feel like a spring is snapping but generally, not too bad. I might end up just putting decent 20" winters on my current ones 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right, my head is getting pickled now reading reviews etc. I`m leaning towards these 17" alloys and 235/65/17 Vredestein Wintrac Pro (108) tyres. Reason for tyre choice is previous experience with them on a tail happy M3 I once owned. They also get great reviews.

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Hubcap Bicycle part Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Hubcap Bicycle part
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 20 of 25 Posts