VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a random one... passenger side wiper arm spring snapped when I was washing the van today. Had a look about and can't find them for sale anywhere. I don't need to buy a whole new arm do I? Or are there any other vw's that use the same part?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mcrdave.
I'm having a look around myself, as my son's T4's wiper arm springs no longer hold the blades to the windscreen, I haven't found any springs YET... but I continue to look, but it does seem as though it's a new wiper arm job.

If I have any joy with a few spring manufacturers near me when they re-open, I'll add the info as soon as I get it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, quick update!

I have been onto a local VAG parts company AND separate van dealer, and they BOTH will only sell the complete wiper arm...

However, try going on Google maps, and put "Spring Manufacturers near me" and see what comes up local to you, if you are able to measure the broken spring, or the remaining good spring, then they should be able to help, failing that, as you'll have the measurements, try searching eBay for springs close to or the exact same!

They also wouldn't give me the measurements of the spring, so measure it'll have to be!!

Sorry I couldn't help more than this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts