VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Can anyone help i've got a wiper issue.
The wipers on Y reg T4 have stopped working on the medium and intermittent setting, but work fine on the fast setting and the rear wiper button and washers are still working.
I've check the fuse which were fine, Then was advised to change the switch/stalk, which I have done, but those 2 settings are still not working.
Anyone go any ideas???

·
Registered
262 Posts
I ya fella. I had a faulty intermittent wiper & it turned out to be relay 99. Worth a punt. I think it cost about 30 quid from VW. The list below details the relay numbers & their positions on the fuse / relay panel. The list was supplied to me by DavieT4.

Hope you sort it mate.

Warren (BTW Mines a 03 TDI 88)

1 Fresh air blower relay (105)
A/C relay (140)
Relay for climatronic (140)
2 Rear window wiper/washer relay (72 or 174)
3 Not used
4 Load reduction relay (18)
5 Not used
6 Emergency flasher relay (21)
7 Headlight washer system relay (95)
8 Programmable washer/wiper intermittent relay (99)
9 Warning buzzer for parking light (36)
10 Fog light relay (53)
11 Busbar for horn
dual horn relay (53)
12 Fuel pump (FP) relay (167)
Glow plug relay (102)or (103)

Relay locations above fuse/relay panel:

Seat belt warning system relay (49)
Idle boost relay (125)
Relay for A/C shutoff (147)
Idle air control (IAC) control module (155)
Load reduction relay II
Coolant circulation pump relay (53)
Secondary air injection (AIR) pump relay (53)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Check wiring plug and terminals onto motor green/black wire comes from intermitent relay. green wire and green and yellow wire come from the switch. one of these must be giving 12v live for full speed to be working. check the other 2 for 12v live in the intermitent and medium position.

If power is there in all 3 positions it must be the motor.

Could use a power probe and put a 12v live down these 3 wires to see if the motor runs.

·
Banned
1,762 Posts
Check wiring plug and terminals onto motor green/black wire comes from intermitent relay. green wire and green and yellow wire come from the switch. one of these must be giving 12v live for full speed to be working. check the other 2 for 12v live in the intermitent and medium position.

If power is there in all 3 positions it must be the motor.

Could use a power probe and put a 12v live down these 3 wires to see if the motor runs.
thanks, my prob is similar in that, it only works on full,if i use the intermittent, it will not go off, then after 20mins or so i can then switch it off and use the other funcions as normal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts