VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my wipers are working but i have no water scooshers when
Pull back the stalk is there a seperate fuse for these?
Cheers higgy

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont think their blocked as i cant here the pump when
I pull back on the stalk

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Hi my wipers are working but i have no water scooshers when
Pull back the stalk is there a seperate fuse for these?
Cheers higgy
Not sure about fixing the problem but hay I have now have a new word to use scooshers T::)

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Dont think their blocked as i cant here the pump when
I pull back on the stalk
Have you checked the pipes under the bonnet grill one of mine hade developed a kink god knows how and no water could get to the scooshers

·
Registered
301 Posts
mines a t5 but same problen last week. took off scoosher bottle pump. tested connections with voltmeter and got 12v as already confirmed not a seperate fuse.

gave the pump a bang and good clean - reconnected and got scooshers - only bugger was i broke the pipe going into bottle from the pump when reconnecting.

£9.95 off fleabay for new one shuold be here tomorrow

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
try putting a pin in the jets they can get blocked up over time or check the pipe where it runs up the side of the bonnet . for some reason on mine it got kinked when i shut the bonnet and it would not pump

·
Registered
323 Posts
they change to scooshers when you cross the border, :)

are you getting power at the scoosher motor? might be worth getting the meter onto it to check.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey I have ad the same problem, spent last night finding out it was the pump. First I listened and didn't hear the pump going. (btw don't have bonnet fully up when you test as the wipers will hit the bonnet). Next I removed the electrical plug then tested that to earth and when I pulled back on the stalk I got 12v, proving the wires and everything else is good and pump was the problem.

Now just have to find a replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts