VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I've fitted a boost gauge (from Halfords) and would like some help decoding the wiring diagram supplied.

Its fitted to a switchable live and working its just two other wires i don't understand what to do with them. The instructions have 6 different diagrams, and the one the relates to mine shows the yellow and orange wires going thru a symbol i do not understand. See picture below.

The instructions says it has 7 colour changes, but i'm thinking the gauge needs to be fully wired up befor the colour cycle will work.

Also it would be nice to dim down the glow from the needle as it is too bright at night flooding the dial with its light, making it hard to read the numbers on the dial. Is it just a case of fitting a resistor to the live in? and if so which one?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
335 Posts
looking at that diagram, i'd say -

black to earth - any bolt, screw etc under dash will do as long as its an earth point - or use the proper earth terminal

yellow looks to go through a fuse to permanent live - i.e to batter + terminal or similar

orange looks as if it goes through light dimmer roller (meaning u can adjust brightness as u want - its a variable resistor.

and purple goes to headlight switch, so the backlight comes on when ur headlights are turned on - i.e when its needed, at night??

hope this helps??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts