VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I go, on with my plee, I am very new to this van thing and am doing a full install. I have just purchased a panel van and now I need to start running cabels. I have made a list of things I need to do but there could be so much more I have not considered.

I want to run a double dim sterio with sat nav - rear camras and tv/dvd. with amps

Night Heater

12v electrics and mains. Do I need a leisure battery. and what sort of chargers and leads do I need

Light.. mains or led and off which battery.

So please can any one explain good and bad practices. What should I be doing and considering. Where can I get the full wiring diagrams for the above and for my new van......

Thank you fir your help

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I knowI am being stupid but what are the best types of cabling to use for each specific install. Mains cable, 12 V cable speakers etc I have found a diagram for the charging system. Just got to get my head around it now but are there item specifics I should aviod or is all the equipment fairly standard. split chargers inverters etc

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Hi,
it seems you are unsure of what you need. I would therefore recommend that you purchase all your kit from Upspex on this forum as this will take out all the guess work for you.
Have a look on his website http://www.travelvolts.com

You could PM him on this forum and tell him what you want to do. I'm sure he will be happy enough to advise.
I bought all my 12v stuff and most of my 240v from Upspex. Good quality and great instructions and he was happy to answer some of my dumb questions
Alternatively, you could ask him to fit the kit as well but that's up to you.
Good Luck mate and remember a little knowledge is dangerous :eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Start by reading all the topics in this forum.

If you do not know what you are doing, do NOT do it! The chance of setting ypur van on fire is to great. And there are always some stuff that gets fried if you get the wires wrong.

There are a lot of good instructions in car electronics, just google!

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/automotive/install-car-electronics.htm

Good Luck! Be careful! Be safe!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both,T: it is not that i dont know what im doing, it is just never on this scale. I keep asking because this forum is so large I just dont know where to start. The whole thing is quite mind blowing. I have to admit, im not sure what kit I want to install but I do know I want the latest and best I can afford. Well who doesnt.... I have just insured the motor so now have it on the road, wind windows go in soon to. STill working on the electrics. Trying to work out which VSR to buy at the moment..... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts