VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I am new here.
I have a caravelle T5 2004.
I've bought a Steelmate parking sensors with camera, it is model ptsv404 with a camera that has to be fitted in the bumper like a sensor (same size).
I've fitted the sensors and connected to rear light wire. No issues there.

Where I have probs is the following:
-camera cannot go in the bumper as there are only 4 holes in the metal protection hidden by the bumper and cannot fit a 5th device on top of the 4 sensors. has anybody fitted that type of camera anywhere else (it is shaped like a parking sensor)?

-Wiring for the display instructions say :
-1 connect to ignition
-2 connect to 12V battery +
-3 connect to ground

Given the displays goes in the front of the van, where will i find the right wiring?
Can anyone give me a wiring scheme for a T5 or - even better- tell me where to connect 1, 2 and 3 above?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Why not remove one of the original sensors and then fit the camera in its place.

You'll find all the electrical connections going to the existing stereo.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Hi folks, I am new here.
I have a caravelle T5 2004.
I've bought a Steelmate parking sensors with camera, it is model ptsv404 with a camera that has to be fitted in the bumper like a sensor (same size).
I've fitted the sensors and connected to rear light wire. No issues there.

Where I have probs is the following:
-camera cannot go in the bumper as there are only 4 holes in the metal protection hidden by the bumper and cannot fit a 5th device on top of the 4 sensors. has anybody fitted that type of camera anywhere else (it is shaped like a parking sensor)?

-Wiring for the display instructions say :
-1 connect to ignition
-2 connect to 12V battery +
-3 connect to ground

Given the displays goes in the front of the van, where will i find the right wiring?
Can anyone give me a wiring scheme for a T5 or - even better- tell me where to connect 1, 2 and 3 above?

thanks a lot
Hi
You cannot remove a sensor and fit the camera as the parking sensors will detect a fault, I would drill a hole into the bumper and metal protection plate and enlarge the metal with a hole saw etc, or move the camera up to the plastic door handle area, this I would believe give a better view as the rear bumper is very low and unless the camera has tilting sleeves on it, it may show a lot of road on the display...

You will be able to pick up all the wiring behind the radio if not look up fuse 19 for ignition....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup thanks,
for the camera I was indeed thinking of the black handle. I will check that, not too willing to drill a 5th hole in the bumper and metal bar...

where can i get a wiring scheme for a t5?
i wanna be sure what i am doing there...

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
yup thanks,
for the camera I was indeed thinking of the black handle. I will check that, not too willing to drill a 5th hole in the bumper and metal bar...

where can i get a wiring scheme for a t5?
i wanna be sure what i am doing there...
If you are worried doing it, you are more than welcome to pop down to us and we can advise or do it for you.... We have a number of people from Bath who have done so....or maybe bell us through the week...

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I did my number plate light camera recently I bought a cable that included the camera and live feeds so that I could just run the one cable the length of the van and then no need to find a live at the cab end T:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are worried doing it, you are more than welcome to pop down to us and we can advise or do it for you.... We have a number of people from Bath who have done so....or maybe bell us through the week...
thanks guys, I probably would but I am not in the Uk unfortunately. I had the product dispatched abroad.

Does anybody know where I can get a wiring scheme for a T5? should't be impossible to find I guess...

best,

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I don't think you'll find a schematic diagram for a T5. Certainly not necessary for what you are doing anyway. You can pick up the reverse wire feed at the tail lamps aswell as an earth. That camera requires an earth and a positive which will be your reverse wire. I believe it has guide lines on aswell so beware when fitting it that its central and not too high up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts