VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around for a while for a thread on this but can't find one.

After finishing fitting a boost gauge and then doing fuel pump, turbo and 5th gear mod I now want to know what the main battery and leisure battery are doing by means of a volt gauge and amp gauge.

Can anyone tell me a way to wire these gauges so I can read the main battery and the leisure battery to these gauges and switch between them by something such as a rocker switch fitted to one of the blanks on the dash? Also could anyone in detail explain how to piggy back the boost gauge (And presumably these next 2 gauges) from the hazard switch to turn on the lights in them at the same time as the headlights. Please bear in mind I'm pretty clueless when it comes to electronics and wiring, although if anyone has any question about the other mods I've mentioned I might be able to help. Also read somewhere about an ammeter causing a voltage drop/ damaging the alternator if done wrong, can anyone shed some light on this.

Van is a 2000 1.9TD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been looking around for a while for a thread on this but can't find one.

After finishing fitting a boost gauge and then doing fuel pump, turbo and 5th gear mod I now want to know what the main battery and leisure battery are doing by means of a volt gauge and amp gauge.

Can anyone tell me a way to wire these gauges so I can read the main battery and the leisure battery to these gauges and switch between them by something such as a rocker switch fitted to one of the blanks on the dash? Also could anyone in detail explain how to piggy back the boost gauge (And presumably these next 2 gauges) from the hazard switch to turn on the lights in them at the same time as the headlights. Please bear in mind I'm pretty clueless when it comes to electronics and wiring, although if anyone has any question about the other mods I've mentioned I might be able to help. Also read somewhere about an ammeter causing a voltage drop/ damaging the alternator if done wrong, can anyone shed some light on this.

Van is a 2000 1.9TD

Didn't mean to put in general van chat will move to electrical if I can work out how.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts