VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Wiring loom

738 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bez73 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have brought a wiring loom to place a dimmer switch on the c pillar where the seatbelt panel would go. The loom I have been supplied with goes along the floor from the driver seat leisure battery under the side step and then up the c pillar? Is this ok as I will have to carpet over the wires?

i thought it should have gone up the b pillar along the roof and then down the c pillar?

any help greatly received

#2 ·
Hello,

for anyone that’s interested, I have decided to run the cable up the b pillars drivers side. Just above the seat belt there is a hole, run cable from there behind Panel, behind drivers seat. Again when you come to the c pillar there is already a hole there. Into the c pillar. Where dimmer switch will be located, then up the inside of the c pillar up through a hole on the top rail.

Hey presto no wires visible, well chufffed

Bez

#3 ·
yeah ! plenty of access when the van is stripped of all the panels i also have had the pain in the ass job of running additional wire looms after my van has been put back together . sometimes you can get away with just tucking behind the trim & edge of the panel not ideal but saves a whole lot of hassle .
Glad your please with your efforts though , always satisfying completing a job yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.