VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I'm in the process of adding a Passat B7 MFSW to my 2014 T5.1.

I'm about to splice in the repair wire to the Permanent Live on the Headlight Light Switch (as per the 'how to' threads here and on YouTube) that's all clear but have hit a possible wiring issue with the Headlight Switch.

When I located the correct wire it seems someone has already spliced a wire to it already. Problem is after removing the multitude of tape from the wires I can't seem to see if it's still connected to anything or has been removed and patched back up. To complicate matters they also spliced a wire to the brown wire connected to the same Light Switch Harness too, Again I'm not sure if the splice was to connect these 2 wires (The Red/Back Live to Brown) together or not, I suspect not but want to be sure. There's no evidence of any other wires that should be connected to these spices.

My question is can I just seal the brown wire back up and spice the MFSW wire into the Live (Red/Black) wire and crack on with finishing the retro fit. Anyone know what the brown does?

I've attached a few pics to help.

Hope I explained it correctly and someone can put me right on it.

Cheers in advance.

Attachments

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,318 Posts
The brown is earth & it doesn't look like there's anything still spliced into the red/black which would definately not have been connected to the brown as that's a dead short.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts