VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Can anyone advise me please. If I disconnect the wiring under my front seats (T5) Do I have to disconnect the battery first?
I'm about to attempt the removal of that dreaded bulkhead fixing on the floor and every thread I've read says, remove front seats to create more working space. Anyone done it without removing seats?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi, i've removed my recently, it was a b'tard of a job !!

I didn't disconnect the battery, as the wiring unscrewed from the seat without disconnecting anything

Removing the seats gives you room to get the floor up and out of the way. The sparks fly all over, so I masked up all the dash and door panels to protect them

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just done mine today, easier without the seats, seat removal is a 10 min job once you know what your doing. No need to disconnect battery, only did mine as I was running wire for leisure battery aswell. DO put up sheeting in the front & any side windows to stop the metal shards from burning into plastics/glass. TAKE ur time & all will be ok. I found it easier on the vertical bits to cut on the 90 degree angle from the front cabin towards the rear, then just tidied the cut up with a grinding disc to make good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts