VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

It is with regret that I feel my time with the T4Forum has come to an end....Some of you may remember I posted a thread last summer about the bad attitude and ill vibes that were underlying within this Forum. Recent events over the past few days have made me unsure if I want to be a part of something that bears "censorship"....I haven't had any dramas on here so please don't jump to conclusions. However, I am someone who came to this scene late and the reason I've enjoyed my time here was meeting like minded easy going people who spoke their mind...whether this be van related or opinions on life in general. I would like to think I'm adult enough to have an opinion and stand justifyably by the fallout from that whether positve or negative.

In my humble opinion the Forum has outgrown the humble gathering of friends at meets....if you have such a spectrum of the general public your inevitably going to have personality clashes...In my mind these should be taken as banter unless a personal slur on someones name is posted. I want the "crack" not the politics and bullsh*t...I don't care about the he said she said...

I'm going to say a fond farewell to all those who know me and mine, my time here has been awesome and I'd like to think it will continue to be "in the flesh" at meets / shows. I'm not turning my back on the forum by any means I just don't agree with the way things have so called "progressed?" I'd like to think as a member I've played the game and upheld this Forum's rules...However many times I've had to bite my lip!

My tent is a welcoming place for any that enter who want to have a crack and a beer.,and will continue to be in the future for all Forum members.

Adios Amigo's:ILU:

Jono.

PS: PM Sent Jimbo to relinquish my membership.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Its a shame to loose a member of the forum,
you have your views on the matter and i wish you the best mate it takes a strong person
to open up and air there views and even to decide to leave a forum.
dont be a stranger keep poping on see whats going on you never know in time your opinion may be changed and maybe return as a member.

Time out can be a good thing. - T:T:

JONESY

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hey jono, saw you the other day at the lights at asda in andover, beeped my horn !

decent bloke, and a very decent bus will be missed

Carl

G

·
Hi All

It is with regret that I feel my time with the T4Forum has come to an end....Some of you may remember I posted a thread last summer about the bad attitude and ill vibes that were underlying within this Forum. Recent events over the past few days have made me unsure if I want to be a part of something that bears "censorship"....I haven't had any dramas on here so please don't jump to conclusions. However, I am someone who came to this scene late and the reason I've enjoyed my time here was meeting like minded easy going people who spoke their mind...whether this be van related or opinions on life in general. I would like to think I'm adult enough to have an opinion and stand justifyably by the fallout from that whether positve or negative.

In my humble opinion the Forum has outgrown the humble gathering of friends at meets....if you have such a spectrum of the general public your inevitably going to have personality clashes...In my mind these should be taken as banter unless a personal slur on someones name is posted. I want the "crack" not the politics and bullsh*t...I don't care about the he said she said...

I'm going to say a fond farewell to all those who know me and mine, my time here has been awesome and I'd like to think it will continue to be "in the flesh" at meets / shows. I'm not turning my back on the forum by any means I just don't agree with the way things have so called "progressed?" I'd like to think as a member I've played the game and upheld this Forum's rules...However many times I've had to bite my lip!

My tent is a welcoming place for any that enter who want to have a crack and a beer.,and will continue to be in the future for all Forum members.

Jono.

Good bear it is too. I don,t know didn,t you learn anything on the T4 Forum, it is not a tent it is an awning.

Just a thought maybe Tent is the better description "bear awning" does not sound as inviting.

On the forum or not True Freinds remain freinds and personally I am delighted in the forum allowing me to meet folks who will hopefully remain life long freinds.

All the best Jono. :ILU:

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
A dark day :(
Absolutley its a dark day :(

In one swoop weve lost half a dozen of the nicest examples of T4/5's in the country, weve lost the passion, knowledge, abilities & input of these guys and now.......2 top it off.....2 very good friends have called it a day with the forum :*

I acknowledge, understand & pretty much adhere to the rules of this forum ;) I enjoy spending time here gaining knowledge, helping wherever possible but most of all meeting friends old and new and making memories T:

I feel very strongly about what has happened here this morning, I feel this has been taken a step too far & been a very poor call :(

Chris :ILU:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hi All

Jono.

hear hear

i shall be seriously considering whether to renew my membership

:ILU:

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
A black day indeed. Really didnt think it could come to this!!!!

Where will it all end!!!!

Jono, my awning, tent , van or whatever will always be open for a beer mate.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
yea whats happening on this forum..... so much for friendly vibes.

least were not completly loosing you jono, might be on here but still see you at shows and share a beer or two (dozen!)

see you soon bud

graham

·
Registered
652 Posts
Was nice to meet you at Lobb Jono (... in Frampys awning invasion)
Sorry you're off, pop round for a beer if we're in the same field again T:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
What on earth has happened guys? I've just got home from work and it looks like we've lost a load of forum members but I have no clue why? Very sad :(

Mrs SP x :ILU:
It all started when it came out that Jimbo's Wife had actually done all the Mods on his van and went downhill from there...

Actually i don't know.

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
well speaking as someone who quite often oversteps the mark, i have found nearly all the members ive come into contact with on here really great, ive made new freinds, met people from all over the country (widu ur handshake is like a death grip!) and hopefully weve looked after you all.

when a group of people get togther there will always be disagreements, but we're human and i thought we were allowed to speak our minds? when i get something wrong or i make a mistake sometimes i dont realise and friends will always point you in the right direction,

i joined the forum to do the following

1) get involved with something i work and like
2) meet new people
3) help vw owners
4) hopefully make the company i work for a few quid as i go along plus save some of you guys some dosh in the process

this hasnt changed, i dont think it ever will and i dont regret (no matter what my techs say) joining up on here, i will always be around somewhere

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
It all started when it came out that Jimbo's Wife had actually done all the Mods on his van and went downhill from there...

Actually i don't know.
Where did that come from???????

I think the vastly growing size of the forum will be its down fall. I can't imagine being in Jimbo's shoes trying to keep everyone happy. I take my hat off to him i wouldn't want to do what he does for the world.

Don't blame him for having a forum free weekend:(

Tra:(

P.S Jono sorry your leaving us

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
trouble is its always the same folk causing the bother while the rest of us look on and think WTF
I think you find this time the admin has caused the bother by banning people for comments elsewhere. maybe those of us who aren't banned are defending those who can not put their case forward.

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Sorry to see you go Jono, catch up with you and family at a show sometime T:

·
Registered
691 Posts
trouble is its always the same folk causing the bother while the rest of us look on and think WTF
I would have thought a moderator would have been better informed....but I am not at all suprised that you are not.......I don't think anyone has been accused of causing any bother on here......It's what they've done in private elsewhere that the admin on here feel they have the right to control......I have read the forum rules over and over and can see no mention of George Orwell or 1984 but I suppose they didn't have T4's back then......

your right though "its always the same folk causing the bother while the rest of us look on and think WTF" its just a pity that they run the :* place.....a very sad day indeed :(:(:(

1 - 20 of 53 Posts