VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Alas it’s also goodbye from me….after careful consideration I have also decided it’s time to call it a day….

when I joined this forum it had 180 members which actually amounted to 15 vans in a field…we had fun and made daft plans and the forum grew into a exciting place….I like many others made lots of good friends…..it was a great place for a bit of info or just some friendly banter….the were no cliques and certainly no haters….the odd troll came and went and we sometimes got told off when we over stepped the mark…..

Rainy festivals, bacon sarnies, cool vans and happy peeps…..what more could you want…..well after a while we wanted an adult section where we could chat and be ruder to each other in a mate’s kind of way (like a real pub)……unfortunately not a chance….. no matter how many of us asked……go and play somewhere else was the reply……well we did and just look where that has finally got us…..I have never said a bad word about this place or any of its members on this or the Kerbside forum despite constant incitement from a certain member from Cheshire (No-Pals or summit) who does a lot of harm on here (not just my view…..see his posts for yourself).

Yesterday half of my friends on here were banned without a by your leave and I feel the action was totally unwarranted…..I spent most of the day defending them from a lot of people that should have something better to do than slag off other forum members for no good reason……so much for “by the members for the members”……

I agree with Billet when he says ”upon reflection I can not accept the way these bans have been handed out as there purpose appears both selective and malicious” There was nothing that terrible written on the other forum and the underhand spying and deception used to gain access to a private site is completely unjustifiable…peoples behaviour on here is all that should count and I don’t remember reading anything anywhere that said I had given up my freedom of speech when I joined or a disclaimer that allowed the administration to choose my friends for me. To me that completely contradicts the freedom that my T4 symbolises

As Jono said “I still hope to see a lot of you in the flesh at meets / shows and my van/awning is a welcoming place for any that enter who want to have a crack and a beer and will continue to be in the future for all Forum members.

I am totally gutted that it has come to this and wish you all luck for the future

Rob

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Rob,

Its a real shame it has come to this, But as you said, things have changed since it was 15 vans in a field. (not that I was there then but you know what I mean)

I will still see you at shows, and no doubt bump into you from time to time :ILU:

Keep selling those 99's and choc ices dude A:

Crikey Rasp:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Sorry to see you go Rob, you always make me laugh and we have had some good laughs over the show seasons, good luck to you and your family, and hope to see you at a show sometime. Nikki will miss your little chats also. LOL:

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
has it really got that bad that so many decent people are leaving?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Rob, who is going to tell us great tales..stop to catch their breath and tell the same tales again...isn't there something about smoking and short term memory loss...Im sure theres something about smoking and short term memory loss...

hopefully will catch you at show s around..T:

Aint this the way ALL big clubs go....a gripe gets too big and the group splits and out of that 2 clubs form...etc etc :confused:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I have never said a bad word about this place or any of its members on this or the Kerbside forum despite constant incitement from a certain member from Cheshire (No-Pals or summit) who does a lot of harm on here (not just my view…..see his posts for yourself).
Seriously - what the F**k has this got to do with me?? When have I ever incited you to do anything?? I don't know you, nor do I honestly care much about you. :confused:

You start with 'I haven't said a bad word' then end by having a pop at me?? :(

You're a name on an internet forum and, until recently, I had absolutely no opinion of you - good, bad or indifferent.

But I DO take offence when your group collectively, and without any provocation (bar my involvement with the Cannon's Forge bed 'group buy' - which is where all this bull**** has come from - and it's been ongoing for more than 12 months, on and off), decide to tell me that I 'don't spend enough money on my van' to warrant being on this forum, that I 'never contribute to anything', that I'm 'only here to get 'something for nothing'' and that I'm the 'single most disruptive influence' on the entire forum - and most recently, that my efforts to make some pocket money by doing people's interiors is somehow me being a trader???

Well - I'll be happy to donate a can of Guiness to the forum as part payment from what I'm getting for carpetting a van tomorrow.

When slab of beer constitutes 'trade rates' for a day's labour, then by all means tell me I'm a trader!! Rasp:

Until then, I'm just a forum member helping other forum members!!!!!!!!!:ILU:

Go and read my posts Rob - you'll find most are in answers to either basic technical questions or questions about interiors - I tend to answer a fair amount in those sections. It might not be much, but it's all I know......

You'll find people also seemingly have found my build diary of use - something I took a great deal of time to produce to HELP people - both in terms of tuning the 1.9 and with (again) carpetting and the like. I also take many questions via PM and email, and even over the phone.....I:

Quite honestly, I've no idea where this anamosity has come from - seriously, I don't - but it seems that the darkest side of 'Kerbside' is the fact that I've obviously upset one of you at some point (I seriously don't know what it is I've done - perhaps one of you might even want to enlighten me??) - and now I have to face almost the entire group, as you seem to like to hunt as a pack!! There's no doubt that 'Kerbside' have the potential to do a lot of good - but whilst you act like playground bullies against individuals, you don't really attract much in the way of sympathy - at least not from me. :(

I'm sorry to tarnish the entire group like this - I've had precious little dealings with anyone other than the small number that have constantly slagged me off over the past year or so, so I'm afraid that if this is only the minority, then maybe 'Kerbside' as a group need to sort that out between themselves.....

It's a shame you are leaving (Rob and the others) - but please don't try and shift the blame onto people like me, as it simply isn't called for, nor warranted. Prove me wrong and I'll happily apologise.....I:

I'll continue on here quite happily doing my thing. It might not be earth shattering, but I'm honestly too old for all this bravado about being the 'best crew' on the VW scene.

My van is my daily driver - it's been reasonably reliable (but not perfect), but I like it.

But when owning a VW brings all this baggage and oneupmanship with it, then I'd be more than happy in a Transit, Ducato, Vivaro (but maybe not a Traffic - as I drive them at work!!) or any other van that was useable as a daily driver, had some options to personalise it, that suited my needs and was reasonably priced.

I'd probably have a bit left over to look for a nice Mk1 Polo too - now THAT would be nice!!! T:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Seriously - what the F**k has this got to do with me?? When have I ever incited you to do anything?? I don't know you, nor do I honestly care much about you. :confused:

T:
im with you on this mate
why dont people grow up and think what they are saying
its only a forum, people seem to forget its JUST THE INTERNET!

carry on with your good work and i really do hope you make a decent wage out of it, cause at the moment who gives a f:*k if someone who you have never met on, only on the internet says they dont want to speak to you when when its hard to get a full weeks work in at the moment

·
Registered
781 Posts
HEAR HEAR keith does a good days work for a fellow forum member isthat what these forums are all about helped me out not a penny changed hands top bloke :D
As for all the bitching i dont have a clue what is going on can any one explaine :confused:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Kieth if rob was here he would say you have just proved his case.

There are numerous threads where you stick your oar, in so just because you have "helped" some people doesn't make you a saint. There are many people (some not involved in kerbside) that are amazed you haven't been banned due to some of your sticky beaking and inapropriate posts.

no one has ever said yo have to spend money on your van. FFS just look a Tikis current van. all in is £450.

Don't worry though all of your problems will be over soon as everyone (apparantly) who has issues with you will be gone by the end of the weekend so you can find some other crusade to bother people about.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There are numerous threads where you stick your oar, in so just because you have "helped" some people doesn't make you a saint. There are many people (some not involved in kerbside) that are amazed you haven't been banned due to some of your sticky beaking and inapropriate posts.
Link them Ben - I mean, in all honesty I'd love to see what the hell it is I'm supposed to have done wrong.....

And it's SO nice to see you trying to rope more people into your argument - I mean, I'm just one guy standing up for himself - how many of you does it actually take?????

I have never pretended to be a saint - neither have I asked for any special treatment for helping people. I just do it because I want to. Please enlighten me what's wrong with that, as I'm failing to see the issue.......

The only 'crusade' I've ever gone on is when you lot rounded on me about the CF beds. And boy did you hunt as a pack over that one!! But ever since then, some of you've taken any opportunity to have a pop, with your own childish comment about me being a trader the latest in a long line of uncalled for snidey remarks.

If me helping people out for small donations is a problem to you Ben, then I have no idea what to suggest - but it's far from being trader's rates!! (a crate of beer for a day's labour - yep, this time next year I'll be a millionaire!!!)

As I said then and will say again now, the hypocritical stance some of you take about 'safety' is something I refuse to ignore - and I certainly won't be preached to about safety by people who've openly bragged about speeding and other illegal motoring acts!

But this still isn't the reason that 'kerbside' have left en masse - perhaps to put this matter to bed, someone needs to grow a pair and actually post what was said, so that we can all make an intelligient and informed decision, rather than all this childish bickering that does no-one any good, least of all the forum.......

I'll leave it at that........ T:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Just one small Point,

The cannons forge "crusade" was pretty much BANANAVAN. Nothing to do with kerbside.

In fact as I remember it Lardyb was the only "Kerbsider" who actually cared enough to express an opinion.

G

·
Given the uproar that ensued when someone posted about there being a definite 'inner circle' clique on this forum, this all again seems very much like a private party that the majority of us have no clue about.....

It seems to me that the same people know all about what's going on, yet no-one is actually saying anything, just having a veiled bitch about who knows what......

May I suggest that (for the rest of us who simply don't give a toss about this 'matter') this thread gets deleted and then all those who've seemingly been offended by these unknown people and their unknown actions can leave, and those who are staying can simply get on with it.......

I don't get all the drama, to be honest..........

:confused:

oh dear so-kal... thats one reference to you hating kerbside... oh wait.. hang on... your slating another forum....

MODS... BAN HIM!! LOL:LOL:LOL:

OK - you know what the easiest thing would be to do??

Link to the 'offensive' posts (if there were any - I honestly have no idea) or give us all an invite to this private forum so we can take a look, see what has and what hasn't been said, form our own opinions and deal with it that way.

In all honesty, all this secret squirrel malarky is very school playground and my only opinion about all this is that it seems like the people that have been widely seen as the 'clique' on here have just gone off and become a 'clique' elsewhere.

Now - I may be miles off, but as everyone is making such a mystery of it, and it's the same old faces who seem to know all about it, then really, what else are us mere mortals supposed to think???

Rasp:
now this is another quote... you've chosen your side, as have I... calling kerbside playground material... well sir... i think you no better than a small child dribbling on its mothers shoulder if thats the case...

Honestly guys, the way it's being described it's as if the ONLY people who know anything worth knowing about T4s are on this 'other forum' and the rest of us mere mortals have to make do with this one??

Must be wonderful to be so great............. LOL:LOL:
so your mocking us now... this really is getting embarrassing isn't it... so many quotes and you still don't understand why someone's offended by you?! this is a joke right? LOL:

LOL - what a load of pompous ****!! LOL:LOL:

Maybe Jimbo has decided that this forum isn't for all your eyes to see too, hence the bans??

Touche, I beleive......

Neil - I beleive deleting this rubbish is the best way forward, before it poisons the forum(s) even more............

:(
i don't believe it so-kal.. i've found another quote... this surely means that you've got it in for kerbside...

how rude is that though when you know nothing about it... are you one of those people that starts on their neighbours purely because they live nextdoor?! kerbside have always been here... its not until someone points them out to you that you have a problem...

one more quote buddy and you've definately crossed the line...

Last word on this from me - this is Jimbo's take on what upset him:

With this other place being so secret, I guess all I can do is take Jimbo's word here.

Using the above analagy about pubs though, going off for a pint down the road is one thing, getting there and then slagging off your local, it's regulars, the type of beer they stock and it's landlord is not likely to see you welcomed back with open arms, is it???

;)

oh dear... here we go again... still going on about something you know anything about...

jesus christ, there can't be more rubbish this man can talk?! :confused:

OK, seeing as everyone else is allowing themselves 'one last post', I think I will (I can't sleep anyway).

This 'battle of wills' (call it what you want) has been rumbling on for months - I have no idea what started it or what's been said, bar what's been posted publicly here - but there's been some pretty provocative things posted by members of 'Kerbside' (http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24717 - this thread dates back to last November, and kindly addresses the T4 forum members as 'Freaks' in the title).

Now, I'm old and wise enough to know that a lot of this is just tongue in cheek stuff, but I've also had the misfortune to be on the wrong end of some pretty nasty comments by certain members on here, who just happen to 'belong' to the aformentioned 'kerbside' and the thing that bothered me most was the fact that when one of 'them' decides to have a pop, then a number of the others are sure to join in in short order - and it doesn't take a genius to work out that the speed of their collective rounding on any given individual is obviously planned and coordinated.

I'm going to try and pick my words carefully here - but suffice to say that I have often felt as though at least a portion of 'Kerbside' has tried to influence matters on here in a way that could easily be construed as bullying - and I can honestly say that attending certain meets never appealed to me due to the fact that I simply wouldn't feel that 'safe', given that I'd be there pretty much as an individual, rather than as a group......

Now - take that as you want, but I think that's a pretty sad indictment of the way things have gone.

It may be me just over reacting, but I'm honestly not in any rush to try and disprove my theory.

In the meantime, I'll continue to offer help where I can (which is trimming - which I've done plenty of FOR FREE) and maybe attend the odd local meet, but my trips down to Devon and Cornwall will be strictly for surfing - it just so happens they'll be in my only vehicle, that being a VW van.

I'm sorry if it's only got a bonnet bra and Audi alloys, that it's only lowered 40mm and hasn't had a full bare metal respray in tiger stripe metallic candy flip paint - but hey, all of the mods were done on my own driveway - does that count for anything???? Rasp:

here we go again... or should I say again?! and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...

has this chap ever been to bristol? has he ever seen a kerbside van?! does he not know that there are hundreds of hours put into each van, not just by its owner:

BY EVERY KERBSIDE MEMBER... DO YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?! BECAUSE WE'RE A REAL BUNCH OF MATES THAT CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER AND GENUINELY DO HELP EACH OTHER OUT...

THERE AIN'T NO BITCHIN... THERE'S NO BEEF WITH ANY OTHER FORUM... EVERYONE BITCHES ABOUT SOMONE ELSE BE IT IN THE PUB OR TO THEIR MISSUS, BUT THAT DOESN'T CALL FOR A BANNING LADS...

I think that I've proved a very good point here... People are very happy to shout their mouth off when they know nothing about it.. I've named and shamed someone, but it was necasary, he shouldn't of got involved...

Someone shouldn't of got involved with us, they had no right... This is whats
happened... :dunno:

so-kal.... you've clearly bullied kerbside since this whole thing came about... i know you care about this forum... i DID care about this forum, and to be honest, yeak i still do...

i don't want you to be banned really, nor do i want any of my mates to be banned... but if they are, then i think the above can be summarised into you slagging off another forum...

How does it feel to be banned for doing something that you didn't even realise was a bad thing... welcome to our world...but do you know what... we're stronger for it...

kerbside will ALWAYS be there... see ya's on the flipside... :cool:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Im suprised there hasn't been a statement made by the mods as to whats going on and try and draw this mess to some conclusion. Obviously some members feel very agrieved that their privacy has been invaded elsewhere . I don't know whats been said at the other forum but obviously somebody is pretty upset at comments there (or has abused their position) that they felt it necessary to started handing out bans.

Im not trying to get involved in this, but have seen this kind of thing on other forums im a member of and feel that in order for this situation to be resolved, there needs to be a statement released to the members to clear things up.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Neal - I have no idea of the make up of kerbside?? As for the CF bed thing, I think you'll find I've had grief off Tony, Balloo, Lardy and a number of others in the past - are they in kerbside?? I have no idea - but a number of them are quitting, so I guess so.

As I said before, it must be hard to be a forum mod and remain impartial.

As for the quotes - seriously SV - those things that you've quoted are all in response to this one incident, where, due to none of you actually making clear what it is you've all found so shocking, people have hypothesized - me included.

They're not even in the same league as the **** I've had to put up with over the past 12 months, in all honesty

I'll say it again - tell us all what was said that has upset you all so much and let us formulate our own opinions, rather than making all this bloody drama out of it. And certainly don't blame me for something I have no involvement in!!

From a personal point of view, I've just about had it with this.

To you, kerbside may well be a group of mates who help each other out - some of the collective recent posts have made it look more like a group of people who like to gang up and single out an individual to take out your frustrations on.

This morning you were perfectly cool with your posts on this matter - suddenly this evening, it seems like all that has changed ....... seeing as I haven't posted anything extra, I can only guess where the sudden change of attitude has stemmed from.....

:(

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Kieth,

If you had read my Posts today, I have made it Quite clear what has happened.

nealglover said:
Comments made in Private (and not on this Forum) have been used as a reason to issue a lifetime ban to Members (x5 so far) from using this forum.
nealglover said:
The posts in question will not be made available, as they were not made on an open forum (a bit like someone Reading your emails)

The question is, why are comments made in private relevant to wether someone can be a member on here or not ?

That's something you can decide ??
This is the reason other members (Mr Plastics, Jono, Rob projektZwo, Billet, Balloo) have felt the need to leave as they do not think that comments made in private, away from this forum are sufficient reason to issue these lifetime bans.

I am sure you can see how all the comments that you have made today (Quoted earlier in this thread) would have really p***sed off the people who friends have been kicked out (for not breaking the rules)

maybe thhats why slammedviper has changed his tone throughout the day, rather than whatever is was that you can

"only guess where the sudden change of attitude has stemmed from....."

as I have said before, you always presume people are out to run you down, but if you keep standing in the middle of the road shouting at traffic, thats whats going to happen.

G

·
You've said your piece now bud and so be it... Once again you've refused to stay away from something you know nothing about...

I wandered why you didn't pop along to meets etc, because you apparently didn't feel comfertable with the forum atmosphere that was going on... I'm not surprised mate as you've ****** alot of people off on here... I wouldn't show my face after some of the comments made above... disgraceful...

Can i suggest you get your facts right before you start judging people or should i begin calling you a mere playground bully?

I have promised certain people on said forum that i would have only one more post before i handed in my notice and this would be it...

Bet someone's happy... LOL:LOL:LOL:

Kerbside's days were always going to be limited on here because they were purely just disliked by some... I would never say there was envy or jealousy, or for that matter did we thrive on the fact that people hated us... Its because people hated us that our posts became fewer and we respected that we weren't welcome.. As a result we slowly have now had to turn to resigning from what was a great forum...

We intend to stay small... However, we will always be there... I can only emphasize that we don't think we're better than you, we just have a darker sense of humour that wasn't appreciated on here... So we went to play in our own garden and got abused for it and trialed in an unfair court...

As everyone that has resigned on here has said, my van is always there and my awning is always open... Unlike some of em, I've always got cold beer... LOL:

One thing I will say though, that the others have not, is that if you break into my van and go snooping around in there like what happened on our forum by a certain someone on here, that will not be accepted and given the chance you will never be welcome no matter who your with and what your excuse is.. It's disgusting, vile, immature and disgraceful... I'm disapointed and that is why I have no intent to remain a member of this forum... I would never want to be associated with such an act and I can now understand why the VW world does not like the T4 forum... Yes, does not like... :(

I'll still be at meets if I'm welcome and i'll still bring a cold beer for every member on here to the shows... I'll be in the van that I bought, I lowered and be sleeping in the interior that I grafted, sleeping on the bed that I welded up...

Jono ;)

Just for a certain someone on here to give you a little taster of what its like to be kerbside... Should you ever find anything out about us you find that our motto (as the forum's is by the members for the members or whatever it is)

is

Kerbside - 'Built, not bought' Thats about as close to kerbside as you'll probably ever get bud... But its the most important part... ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
its like being in woman salon in here.

Aye aye don't be tarring us the same... I'm not this bad even with PMT......I've gotta coupla bottles of St Johns Wort going spare if anyone wants some ;)

(The Mrs by the way I couldn't resist replying to this sorry Rasp: )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.