VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly had a serious accident yesterday if anybody can help i would be really greatfull. I was travelling southbound on the M5 between Bridgwater Jct 24 and Taunton Jct 25 in a green P reg Ford Galaxy at 4.30 - 4.45 yesterday. I was in the outside lane when a white Mercedes Vito 08-09 plate came from the middle lane and knocked me into central reservation. After a lot of swearing :*:*:* and trying to pull him over i realized i had punctured my drivers side rear tyre. All this time he was taking photo's or recording me on his mobile phone. when i moved to the middle lane he drove off in the outside lane but i was unable to catch his number plate.

If anyone saw it or knows of an 08 - 09 plate white vito with a green scratch on the drivers side then please let me know.

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
:* mate thats bad luck. Did you get the plate? If you did you could report him for a hit and run or at least driving without due care and attention. Worth a go as the Police don't take kindly to that kind of behaviour and it could possibly be another :* driver of our roads.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reported it to the police, gave a statement and reported it to the insurance company. The driving without due care and attention is for using a mobile while driving and the crime for hitting me is leaving the scene of an accident.:*:*

No didn't get the platehsy:

Pics are in my album know!!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Nearly all junc on the M5 should have cctv coverage................might be worth looking in to that

Bad luck I know bit at least your alive that souded like a very nasty situation............. what come round goes round and all that!!! Hell get his at some point

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked into CCTV and they are for monitoring only. Live feeds but nothing gets recorded.
Your right though. I may well see him again if he was coming home from work aswell.
Hinsight is a wonderfull thing isn't it. Was more woried about staying alive at the time. Going into the central reservation at 70MPHI: is a bit hairy. Just lucky it was a slow puncture not a full on blow out i suppose.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry should have been more clear, They said the live feed one's are in the accident black spot area's but the ones in my area are for traffic flow monitoring. just going by what they said unless anyone else know's different.

Cheers

·
Registered
190 Posts
They come from the cameras that record what they see, the ones on the M5 are for survailence only, there may be a witness in the control room, but the chances of that person seeing the No plate is highly unlikely.

·
Registered
958 Posts
They come from the cameras that record what they see, the ones on the M5 are for survailence only, there may be a witness in the control room, but the chances of that person seeing the No plate is highly unlikely.
At that time there was a major incident elsewhere on the M5 so the chances of a camera viewing the incident are limited. The control room at Bristol has only about 20 monitors viewing from a total of well over 100 cameras for the area.

As already suggested the incident should be reported to the police

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Already have bigt. Friends of mine were stuck there for up to 7 hrs as the avonmouth bridge was closed. Okay if anybody else here's of or see's the Vito involved i would be greatfull of hearing about it.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Some muppet nearly caused us to have an accident that day and on the M5 northbound near bristol:(. He was in a renault megane though.

We were just leaving via the sliproad when he realised he had almost missed it and went from the middle lane cutting us up on the sliproad to exit the motorway.

I was fuming,evenmore so because i am 6 months pregnant, i would of liked to follow him and give him a right b:*g. Was in the car so not feeling as safe as in the T4, maybe he may not of done it if we were in the T4 who knows.

Feel for you, your experience sounds awful.

Tra

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would have followed him to lands end if it wasn't for the puncture!!!!

Our paths will cross again I'm sure but rather than cause another accident i will just take the number plate. then I'll let the police deal with him.

your experience didn't sound too great either. every thing okay.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Bloody hell mate, you've had a very very lucky escape :eek:
Don't suppose there'd be any point having a word with the local paper and seeing if they could give you a piece?
I know our local paper does from time to time cos we have the A14 as our local blackspot. Always seems to be something happening and witnesses being sought. Just an idea.
Hope they catch the :* before someones killed.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could try i suppose. will give them a try. Cheers

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have now emailed the local gazzete and a few others. Just waiting to see if they can help now.
Thanks people.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi mate really sorry to hear about the incident, at least you're safe!
I've asked my old man to put out a bulletin with his drivers as he has a haulage company, wouldn't hold out hope as I don't think he had anyone down that way but it's always worth a try.
best of luck tracking the b*****d down though!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Would have followed him to lands end if it wasn't for the puncture!!!!

Our paths will cross again I'm sure but rather than cause another accident i will just take the number plate. then I'll let the police deal with him.

your experience didn't sound too great either. every thing okay.
Everything is ok, thankyou for asking. Just really annoys me the danger of the driving. If i had very nearly missed an exit i'd go on to the next one like i'm sure 99.9% of us would do not put lives at risk just to get off:confused:

Tra:)

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've asked my old man to put out a bulletin with his drivers as he has a haulage company, wouldn't hold out hope as I don't think he had anyone down that way but it's always worth a try.
That would be great buddy, Even if they keep an eye out for a nearly new vito with a green scratch that would be excellent.

Thanks alot mate

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything is ok, thankyou for asking. Just really annoys me the danger of the driving. If i had very nearly missed an exit i'd go on to the next one like i'm sure 99.9% of us would do not put lives at risk just to get off:confused:

Tra:)
Glad to hear your okay.:tu

I think your right there JandT. Just that 0.01% of idiots that one, cause most of the accidents and two put our insurance premiums up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts