VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Witter Towbar -all sorted - closed

Dudes, i have a quandery

Just bought a van with a Witter removable towbar fitted (Swan neck type), all is good (its never been used). But i have a Kyham rack that i want to fit to the back and need a flange fit. So looking at the Witter site i see that they do a removable flange mmmmmm good i thought.
So ringing the local dealer up and get one, but was told it wont fit. I then explained that the post for fitting is flush with the rear of the bumper and should fit, then told that it is a different towbar (700 quid to replace :eek::eek:) .

Not being one to give up checked out the Witter site again, the towbar shown looking to be the same one, so contacted Witter direct, and they confirmed that the towbar is the same one. T:T:

Cutting to the whole point of this post has anyone near me go one of these so i can check it on my van. I think it should fit no problems, but at 189 quid would like to be doubley sure

Cheers SW

·
Special Rapporteur
9,779 Posts
If you don't find someone nearby, just buy it online/mail order. If it doesn't fit the Distance Selling Regs give you 7 days to return it, for whatever reason. Ok, if it's not faulty you have to pay for the return shipping, but for a £190 item that's no big deal...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what i have done, will arrive tomorrow, did check with Witter and after a bit of consumer power got that agreement about returns. T:T:A:A:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have just had a phone call saying Witter will not send out this as they say it will not fit, i now deffo want to get hold of one to test this out, they have got my hackles up and i'm not a happy man.:no:no

I think they just want you to part with extra money buying a whole new kit rather than just a couple of parts.

So still on the hunt for one to try out, anyone out there got one :*:*:*

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi I've got a westfalia swan neck remove able tow bar if that's any use on my T5.1 sportline 62 plate, your welcome to try on mine if it's the same

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well now looks like i'll have to fit a new towbar, but not a v.expensive removable one, so mine will be up for sale as soon as i take it off.
Not the result i wanted by worth a look :*:*

·
Registered
410 Posts
Dudes, i have a quandery

Just bought a van with a Witter removable towbar fitted (Swan neck type), all is good (its never been used). But i have a Kyham rack that i want to fit to the back and need a flange fit. So looking at the Witter site i see that they do a removable flange mmmmmm good i thought.
So ringing the local dealer up and get one, but was told it wont fit. I then explained that the post for fitting is flush with the rear of the bumper and should fit, then told that it is a different towbar (700 quid to replace :eek::eek:) .

Not being one to give up checked out the Witter site again, the towbar shown looking to be the same one, so contacted Witter direct, and they confirmed that the towbar is the same one. T:T:

Cutting to the whole point of this post has anyone near me go one of these so i can check it on my van. I think it should fit no problems, but at 189 quid would like to be doubley sure

Cheers SW
Where abouts in Waterlooville are you? I have a flange version, but only ever use it for a tow-bar mounted bike rack, so the swan neck would be fine for me. I have been half heartedly considering a removable one, but couldn't justify it. Sounds like a swap might be possible?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where abouts in Waterlooville are you? I have a flange version, but only ever use it for a tow-bar mounted bike rack, so the swan neck would be fine for me. I have been half heartedly considering a removable one, but couldn't justify it. Sounds like a swap might be possible?
PM Sent dude

1 - 12 of 12 Posts