VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my wing mirrors wobble at anything over 50mph, Not sure if its the glass or the unit, Its pretty bad though. All wheels are well balanced and the van drives smooth.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
My near side one does the same. I live with it. hahaha

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking silicone would be the answer T: mines at the stage where if i go 70mph at night im close to having a fit with all the lights flickering in the reflection. its like im in a rave :)

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
mine does it too nightmare to over take
think its where the mirror mounts to the plastic, probably be able to glue it ?

·
Literally, white van man
4,071 Posts
:) My passenger one used to wobble (just the glass) so I put two blobs of blutac in opposite corners, it's fine now. T:

Chris

·
Registered
596 Posts
My drivers side used to wobble as well. I pushed a small piece of foam up behind the glass and bingo, no more wobbles

Regards

Trevor

·
Registered
763 Posts
Both of mine do,or a least they used to until I tried to fix the near side one and guess what..................I cracked it,what a :*

Had to buy a new one but now it doesn't wobbleT:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Well the foam option it is then......T:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Sounds like a few of you need some good cheap mirrors I:
:D
Mine a nackered too LOL:

If anyone does think about buying some new ones though i have manual & electric available to order and i will bulk buy on them if required T:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
As someone who has had to replace the glass 3 times now, one vandal smashed and two stolen when on hols in Biscarosse France. The plastic mount for the glass to clip onto sometime does not hold and the glass shakes.

1st thing to try is, with a cloth to avoid them sticky fingers, press the centre of the glass and see if anything clicks into place, if not try pressing up and down etc as it clips in 4 points. If that no good follow the others and shove something under to dampen the shake.

And if you go on hols to Biscarosse watch out for bum end of the surfer market that will pinch bits of your T4 while you are on the beach. Rasp:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts