VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
If I search for 20" wheels, the recommended tyre size seems to be invariably 255/35 R20. However, as far as I am aware, this size isn't available with a sufficient load rating for the T5 (certainly not for the higher payloads, e.g. T30, T32).

So, if you're recommending tyres that don't have a sufficient load rating for the full T5 range, what conclusions can I draw concerning the load rating of the wheels themselves?

·
Registered
833 Posts
It does say in their other post......................A NOTE ABOUT TYRES: THE GUIDE GIVES A TYRE OF 255/35/20 - WE ACTUALLY RECOMMEND A 275/35/20 TYRE AS IT GIVES THE BEST WEIGHT LOAD.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I search for 20" wheels, the recommended tyre size seems to be invariably 255/35 R20. However, as far as I am aware, this size isn't available with a sufficient load rating for the T5 (certainly not for the higher payloads, e.g. T30, T32).

So, if you're recommending tyres that don't have a sufficient load rating for the full T5 range, what conclusions can I draw concerning the load rating of the wheels themselves?
As c13scorcher has said, we did actually mention this in our other post announcing that the guide is now in the forum.

See here: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=377921

All the wheels in our range that we state have adequate weight loading for T4 or T5, have adequate weight loading for T4 or T5.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As above when you go to section 2 it wipes/reverts back to option 1, no matter what you choose, so you cant go beyond step 2 basically.
Sort it out please.....I:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure what is happening here - i just searched for 18" wheels for a T5 and experienced no problems at all.
I am using the latest version of Firefox.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Works fine in Chrome, but i am also having problems with IE. Will get on to our developers.
Can't test ipad, don't have one :(

So currently:

Firefox, Chrome - OK
I.E - problems
Ipad - un-tested!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello all, right, we've made some improvements to the fitment guide.

1/. It now works in IE - i have IE8 and its fully operational.
2/. More T5's are now listed, see below.

After the words 'T5 TRANSPORTER' the next number - 16 or 17 is the size of wheel that the vehicle is fitted with from the factory, after that, its the year.

3/. We've sorted the results page to show what is in stock first.

Sorry - still haven't check this on ipad (i haven't got one) :(

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Works fine on ipad!

Can I ask how come there are so many options on step two for T5, to a novice they look like the same option repeated but worded differently?
Sure - after 'T5 TRANSPORTER' the next number is the size of wheels the T5 was fitted with as standard, the numbers after that are the year the T5 was made.

Taking the first choice as an example:

T5 TRANSPORTER 16 03 -
This means: T5 Transporter, fitted with 16" wheels as standard, from 2003 onwards.

The next:

T5 TRANSPORTER 16 10 -
This means: T5 Transporter, fitted with 16" wheels as standard, from 2010 onwards. There are some slight differences in T5's made from 2010 on when compared to the 2003 model so the data providers divide them into two.

The same applies for the T5's that are fitted with 17" wheels as standard.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Unfortunately Fitment guide on here not working in current (date of posting) versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge all run on windows 10 also at current version level.

Tried Wolfrace site and not much better it functions but only wants to offer a 15" wheel as the answer whatever size I select on the filter table.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts