VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all

I've just bought and fitted a set of Wolfrace Munich 18 inch alloys to my 2013 Kombi. There's quite a big diameter difference between the inner alloy and the diameter where it mounts to the disk assembly. Obviously the bolts line up perfectly and the whole things is solid, It just looked a little odd.

Being new to the mod game this may well be a stupid question. An advice would be welcome.

I'll get some pics on here in a bit.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
980 Posts
As long as the back of the wheel itself is sitting completely flush against the hub, then the step inwards to the actual alloy of the wheel is fine.
If the wheel isn't flush against the hub you'll need to run a spacer to fill the gap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant. Yeah I've got the spigots in there, all the bolts were lined up. Sitting flush. I made sure of all that. Like I say it just looked a bit odd. It's just me being a bit green I think. Used to everything being factory fit. Thanks very much for your time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as the back of the wheel itself is sitting completely flush against the hub, then the step inwards to the actual alloy of the wheel is fine.
If the wheel isn't flush against the hub you'll need to run a spacer to fill the gap.
Top Man. 64 Split. You called it.

I phoned Vanstyle and spoke to a chap called Eamonn. He had a chat with one of the guys in the fitting team and said that's perfectly normal. As long as the both faces mate perfectly everything is fine. Top team at Vanstyle. Highly recommend. Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Misunderstood your issue. sorry. Had another look at your pic and see what you mean. I have the Assasin GTs and they turned up without the spigots. They did post them to me when I asked though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts