Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 966 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi im thinking of starting a monthly meet at pavillion garden centre bridgenorth road is any one interested as its going to be on a saturday between 3.-5pm theres a cafe for a hot drinks and food shops for the wives and you to look at too if anyones interested let me know and ill arrange a date to start meets . open to any one in the wolverhampton area or dudley or any where close to us . if any one can think of some where better please let me know also the guy told me theres a drift car show on at the garden centre and if we want to show off the vans we are most welcome .

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i know but its 15 miles away and we wanted one a bit more local to us also ive gone to a few in the last couple of months and im yet to meet bangbus at the meeting . we thought perhaps in the daylight instead of in the dark on a car park.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate didnt want to tread on anyones feet but in wolverhampton there seems to be a few more vans so we thought it would be ok to suggest a local meet .

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
It's fair I think to say that in the early days ( 2005 /2007) that we had a smaller membership, so regional meets did mean someone having to drive a bit. Even the "3 counties meet " which I set up meant I had to drive 15miles myself. We had guys drive 80 mile round trips to that. With visitors travelling from much, much, further afield.

As time has passed, some of the older meets have had much less attendance and more smaller meets have sprung up. All of which actually seem to do well initially, then often attendance drops.
Regional meets were very much that,regional, not one in every town.

Please bear in mind too that it is not neccesary for the guy who puts the dates up to attend if they can't. In Rob's case he runs his own business and has a young family. Last month he had to be in North Wales as organiser of Vansurf, to set up and meet n greet from the thursday afternoon.

The attendance is whoever goes.

It will always be difficult to get people to agree on a day or time. Many who may otherwise go, wont go at night as it's dark. Or, wont go at weekends, as frankly they are probably doing what it was they bought their van for in the first place.
I can't get to as many as maybe I'd like, tghese days myself, but will stick with the meet at Bridgnorth for now. Although attendance seems to drop partly in the darker months, but also because of other meets.

Good luck though T:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers bigcat i thought it would be a good idea we already tried to start a meet ( BLACK COUNTRY MEET)great 1st one 13 vans then after that was unable to agree a meet point and a date and time .just thought the local lads IN wolverhampton may be able to make it one saturday afternoon . but we wouldnt arrange A Meet when vw shows are on. as for rob have spoken to him via pm but never met him . we all have times when we cant get to the meets.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi just had message off iceman were looking at next saturday 3pm at the garden center on the bridgenorth road open to any one in the area of wolverhampton. or bridgenorth . meet on front carpark cafe and shops to go round too.
ill put the postcode on its the one with dolittles and the car wash.
pm me if any questions .thankyou.

WV6 7EZ postcode pavillion garden center.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
due to the how busy toys r us are at this time of year jammy12 has sorted a venue for possible meets over the winter period; its the pavillion garden centre also known as jardinares on the A454 bridgnorth road between shipley & trescott, post code WV67EZ. The 1st meet there will be Saturday 12th of november at 3pm, hope to see you all there, i'll try & pm you all later. Please post replys of interest in this meet or any comments or suggestions......

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well lad’s and lass’s the meets on for next Saturday at the pavilion garden centre. A454 Bridge north road just outside Wolverhampton.
12th of November pavilion garden centre
Bridgenorth road 2.30 to 6pm
With cafe and shops to go round. WV6 7EZ
Were going to meet here during the winter and then meet at a pub in the summer months.
Depending on how many want to meet up its open to Wolverhampton owners and any others who wish to turn up all welcome.
that includes you careykid .

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers chris if you cant make it dont worry i know its a long way from brum ill see you all at the meet next saturday
12th pavillion garden centre A454 2.30/6pm A:A:A:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well six vans so far in 24hrs so not bad hope to see more at the meet all welcome . plenty to see and do not just a meet a cafe and shops to go round hoep to see shuke and van there too???

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi hope to see you all that have shown a interest on saturday 2.30 pavillion garden centre bridgenorth road the 12 november thankyou and look forward to seeing you all.T:T:T:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hi hope to see you all that have shown a interest on saturday 2.30 pavillion garden centre bridgenorth road the 12 november thankyou and look forward to seeing you all.
let us know if you cant come but everyone welcome to come see you all there

1 - 20 of 966 Posts