VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

New to the forum and based down in Tasmania (although originally from North Wales!), as it is summer here and we are ready to head off camping the T4 decided to stop working so here goes if anybody can help...

Tried to start the vehicle and heard a slight fizz (best description i'm afraid) car then wouldn't start, heavy rain the night before.
Local VW mechanic guessed as he couldn't see the car that the coil was gone so bought a new one
Now starts but when you go to rev it won't throttle and stalls?
Another guy with a diagnostic machine plugged it in but every 30 sec the car surges and disables the Diagnostic tool so no result

What I have done, checked all cables , all electrical plugs and cleaned out ECU in case of water ingress and swapped Relay 30 as it clicks a lot during the problem but guess that's due to it powering everything, still nothing, oh and checked fuel pump.

Thanks in advance

Nigel

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry should have added the most important thing, it is a 1996 2.5 Petrol.

Thanks

assuming its not injection check distributor points and rotor arm if it was going ok before it rained then you have got a damp problem on the electrics
As for using vag your ignition should be on but not running.
WD40 best freind in the wet.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
assuming its not injection check distributor points and rotor arm if it was going ok before it rained then you have got a damp problem on the electrics
As for using vag your ignition should be on but not running.
WD40 best freind in the wet.
sorry mate its going to be electronic distributor hall effect.Have you tried changing the amp module common fault on most golf *<:)>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Thanks for all advice, checked engine earthing, interested to know more about the Distributor though as I feel a spike has run through the system, what is the HALL EFFECT?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts