VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure one or two of you chaps must have fitted one of the wood effect dash kits in their T4's ?

Just seen this one that Van-x do and think it looks pretty decent: Wood Dash Kit

This seems to be a full kit, ie door latches and glove box included & not just the centre section of the dash like others Ive seen?

Anyone using one like this? is it fiddly to stick on and how well does it stick on? T:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I didn't want to say anything but as you're fishing for replies :D, I really don't like them so, no I haven't fitted one.

If it doesn't stick well you can always keep tapping it back down with your pipe or slippers I:.

Seriously, if it's a decent kit it will more than likely have 3M adhesive on it and it will stick very well as long as what you are sticking it to is clean, dry and grease free.
They stick too well really and it makes it difficult to peel 'em off and put in the bin.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it doesn't stick well you can always keep tapping it back down with your pipe or slippers I:.
Touche I: like it T:

Seriously are they that retro? I thought the pic in the link was actually quite tasty (perhaps I am indeed showing my age) was convinced that someone here would have one fitted, some of the mods Ive seen on here are not exactly to my taste so surprised really, as per earlier post I think Ive given up on the idea anyway :D

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I'm sure I've seen pics where people have fitted coloured/metal finish kits, just not the 'wood' ones. Its an odd one, I just don't see a wood effect dash looking right in a T4, but as you say, we see some rare stuff on here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts